Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

For Messi this is like normal players playing going to mls to retire.

He can walk around and chill and easily dominate these fools.
Only needs to put in shifts in cl.

This move weirdly has been positive for his image.
His goat acknowledging has been bigger than ever.
Like maradona leaving Napoli or Jordan the bulls.
Its like people stand still at the tought for a change.

Nazario1985

MLS lacks density and fans over there wont give a shit even in 50 years, not enough clubs to play a real league anyway and nobody seems interested.

They are just trying to launch a second division and gather enough team for it.

China has more money to spend on football but it wont happen, as like the US nobody gives a damn about it there (relatively).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MLS lacks density and fans over there wont give a shit even in 50 years, not enough clubs to play a real league anyway and nobody seems interested.

China has more money to spend on football but it wont happen, as like the US nobody gives a damn about it there (relatively).

Not true, it is either the most popular or the 2nd most popular (behind basketball) sport here based on different ways (which I have no idea) of measuring the most popular sports in the country, but people are indeed very passionate about football, much more passionate about it than the Americans, I am sure. It is just that we suck at it and there is no money in the world that will change it.

As to the US, I think football(soccer) is on the way up but won't match any of their big traditional sports (American football, basketball, baseball, hockey) because the money is not there, so the best American athletes will not go to soccer.

raskolnikov

Remember when Schweinsteiger went? Are you going to win the world cup with Chicago? Or something like that.
That basically summed it up. A guy like Carlos Vela was like Lewandowski over there.

Nazario1985

Not to diss your club or anything but best case scenario, it's gonna take probably more than a decade for PSG to genuinely grow a fanbase that truly supports the club (irrespective of its players).

Look at Barca for instance, even if all the signings were absolute bunkers, they wouldn't lose that many fans. Why? well cuz it's Barca! and all the history, glories and tribulations - it's like a tatoo.

whereas for PSG, and no disrespect, right now all of the guys I know who watch the matches and myself included, we're basically cheering some of our fav players ney + messi + hakimi etc.

so as soon as they leave, probably so will a lot of the folks watching (except if you replace them with other cool players!).

So from this vantage point, you haven't really increased your intrinsic real fans, you just got more followers due to your signings (if it makes sense) :thinking:

PSG had fans supporting them through the worst era of their existence the early 2000's and Canal+ take over

Most people outside France think PSG started having first fan after 2010.

Of course now it's growing like crazy, and kids see stars and follow the club where they play.

I was 7-8 years when R9 moved to FCB and that was the first time me hearing about this club and been a fan since, and back then there was no internet ..

Rassvet

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Brest.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Brest.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]

tumblr_inline_p9m7uhwoIC1rk4p6f_400.gifv

Nazario1985

Not true, it is either the most popular or the 2nd most popular (behind basketball) sport here based on different ways (which I have no idea) of measuring the most popular sports in the country, but people are indeed very passionate about football, much more passionate about it than the Americans, I am sure. It is just that we suck at it and there is no money in the world that will change it.

As to the US, I think football(soccer) is on the way up but won't match any of their big traditional sports (American football, basketball, baseball, hockey) because the money is not there, so the best American athletes will not go to soccer.

Of course I can even see it the most popular 'team sport' in China but it does not mean it's getting enough attention.

Anyway the point was about MLS, I think it's a lost cause there is more likelihood Qatar having a top league than MLS becoming one.

Beckham is taking them on a ride each time he talks about MLS.

malvolio

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] a bit early, don't you think? weren't they saying he'll probably debut at the end of the month?

that psg - lyon on Sunday 19th September will be a cracker. they should have all their stars available by then.

Rassvet

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] a bit early, don't you think? weren't they saying he'll probably debut at the end of the month?

that psg - lyon on Sunday 19th September will be a cracker. they should have all their stars available by then.

There is still probably a chance of him getting on for a few minutes against Brest. If not, then we’ll focus on Reims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans