Where does Barca finish next season?

Where does Barca finish next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devils

4th place.

Atletico, Real and Sevilla are all better teams.

We might fall out of the top 4 if the likes of Sociedad improve from last season.

serghei

We are comfortably better than Sevilla in terms of players. If we are not in the field as well, Koeman should be sacked. 3rd is the lowest we should finish with this squad.

The highest possibility is winning the title as La Liga doesn't have a single elite team currently. Atletico are favorites, then us and Madrid (if they don't make a super signing). Then Sevilla.

Last edited:

malvolio

We are comfortably better than Sevilla in terms of players. If we are not in the field as well, Koeman should be sacked. 3rd is the lowest we should finish with this squad.

The highest possibility is winning the title as La Liga doesn't have a single elite team currently. Atletico are favorites, then us and Madrid (if they don't make a super signing). Then Sevilla.

madrid will probably field hazard-benzema-bale in attack and you're telling us they are worse than barca. they are better all over the park and have a better manager. and they could still make 1-2 transfers.

Bobo32

madrid will probably field hazard-benzema-bale in attack and you're telling us they are worse than barca. they are better all over the park and have a better manager. and they could still make 1-2 transfers.

Hazard and Bale still plays football? Wow. I saw them "play" in the summer but it looked as if they had already retired...
They lost both their CBs as well, let's see how it works out..

I think Barcelona even after Messi left should be the favourites based on their squad, and then I still think there is a lot of untapped potential that we can't really understand right now. I don't think Koeman is the right manager, but maybe he can still take them to the league win, or otherwise be sacked early and let Xavi turn things around!

malvolio

I think Barcelona even after Messi left should be the favourites based on their squad, and then I still think there is a lot of untapped potential that we can't really understand right now. I don't think Koeman is the right manager, but maybe he can still take them to the league win, or otherwise be sacked early and let Xavi turn things around!

Both Madrid sides have better GKs, both Madrid sides have better defences, midfield is the only department where we compete, both Madrid sides have proven goalscorers in their ranks. And to top it off, both Madrid sides could add players before the market closes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Both Madrid sides have better GKs, both Madrid sides have better defences, midfield is the only department where we compete, both Madrid sides have proven goalscorers in their ranks. And to top it off, both Madrid sides could add players before the market closes.

Madrid's attack is abysmal, only Benzema playing there. Ours is comfortably stronger with Ansu, Depay, Griezz + youngsters.

malvolio

Madrid's attack is abysmal, only Benzema playing there. Ours is comfortably stronger with Ansu, Depay, Griezz + youngsters.

hazard might stay injury free this season. bale is better than our youngsters. benzema is a pure striker, we have none of that but depay and griezz could theoretically cover.

wouldn't say it's abysmal. the same wishful thinking we apply to ansu coming back and delivering can be applied to hazard.

and they still might do 1-2 transfers. don't even want to imagine mbappe going there.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I don't think comparing players or squads 1v1 is productive - it's not how football works
But I am less impressed by Real Madrids squad this season than I was since Julio Baptista still played there... They have a new coach and new defenders, it is uncertain, but they didn't impress me last year and I don't think it's obvious why they should be better this year.
Barcelona is of course very uncertain too with Messi gone, but having a star go like that has been shown so many times to be potentially very good for a team. It can also go the other way of course.

Atletico Madrid took 86 points last year after a very good season, will they be able to do that again? I think it might be tough, and that maybe 82-84p will be enough for Barcelona to win the league next year.

malvolio

I don't think comparing players or squads 1v1 is productive - it's not how football works
But I am less impressed by Real Madrids squad this season than I was since Julio Baptista still played there... They have a new coach and new defenders, it is uncertain, but they didn't impress me last year and I don't think it's obvious why they should be better this year.
Barcelona is of course very uncertain too with Messi gone, but having a star go like that has been shown so many times to be potentially very good for a team. It can also go the other way of course.

Atletico Madrid took 86 points last year after a very good season, will they be able to do that again? I think it might be tough, and that maybe 82-84p will be enough for Barcelona to win the league next year.

they finished above us for two seasons straight, while we still had messi. it's good that you are not impressed, but they're definitely not worse than us.

Bobo32

they finished above us for two seasons straight, while we still had messi. it's good that you are not impressed, but they're definitely not worse than us.

Yeah they didn't perform worse than a Barcelona under three coaches these last two years - Real Madrid were 5 points ahead both years.
From what I watched though, Barcelonas potential and class should be higher.
For how bad I think Koeman is, maybe he'll benefit from being on his 2nd year and having gotten Depay, and there are a lot of Barcelona players that could be better being one year older and having to take more responsibilty with Messi gone.

There is a lot of uncertainty right now of course, with both teams. I picked winners in the poll, but I could just as easily see them missing out on Europe completely. The potential is there, but it depends on the reaction.

PhilS

The roster includes several who are unlikely to be able to play more than just a few games all season:
Umtiti
Coutinho
Dembele
Aguero

That's really thin up front and in midfield. Big years are essential from the likes of Fati, Braithwaite, Sergi Roberto in midfield, Puig. Not a good bet to be a top team. There should be plenty of opportunity for Barca B players to get their chances to break through.

Home of Barca Fans