User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where does Barca finish next season?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winners!

    23 35.38%
  • 2 - 3

    20 30.77%
  • 4th

    15 23.08%
  • 5 - 6

    4 6.15%
  • 7 - 8

    0 0%
  • 9 - 10

    0 0%
  • Lower half

    0 0%
  • Relegation!!!

    3 4.62%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107

Thread: Where does Barca finish next season?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,777
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4th place.

    Atletico, Real and Sevilla are all better teams.

    We might fall out of the top 4 if the likes of Sociedad improve from last season.
    Puyol #5

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    33,574
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are comfortably better than Sevilla in terms of players. If we are not in the field as well, Koeman should be sacked. 3rd is the lowest we should finish with this squad.

    The highest possibility is winning the title as La Liga doesn't have a single elite team currently. Atletico are favorites, then us and Madrid (if they don't make a super signing). Then Sevilla.
    Last edited by serghei; 9th August 2021 at 04:51 PM.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    We are comfortably better than Sevilla in terms of players. If we are not in the field as well, Koeman should be sacked. 3rd is the lowest we should finish with this squad.

    The highest possibility is winning the title as La Liga doesn't have a single elite team currently. Atletico are favorites, then us and Madrid (if they don't make a super signing). Then Sevilla.
    madrid will probably field hazard-benzema-bale in attack and you're telling us they are worse than barca. they are better all over the park and have a better manager. and they could still make 1-2 transfers.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,354
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    madrid will probably field hazard-benzema-bale in attack and you're telling us they are worse than barca. they are better all over the park and have a better manager. and they could still make 1-2 transfers.
    Hazard and Bale still plays football? Wow. I saw them "play" in the summer but it looked as if they had already retired...
    They lost both their CBs as well, let's see how it works out..

    I think Barcelona even after Messi left should be the favourites based on their squad, and then I still think there is a lot of untapped potential that we can't really understand right now. I don't think Koeman is the right manager, but maybe he can still take them to the league win, or otherwise be sacked early and let Xavi turn things around!

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    13,754
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    If we register everyone I can see a minimal drop in points from last season. If that.
    If everyone is healthy, I can see that.
    But like last year, we will most likely miss some key players and things could get ugly

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    I think Barcelona even after Messi left should be the favourites based on their squad, and then I still think there is a lot of untapped potential that we can't really understand right now. I don't think Koeman is the right manager, but maybe he can still take them to the league win, or otherwise be sacked early and let Xavi turn things around!
    Both Madrid sides have better GKs, both Madrid sides have better defences, midfield is the only department where we compete, both Madrid sides have proven goalscorers in their ranks. And to top it off, both Madrid sides could add players before the market closes.

  7. #37
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,828
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Both Madrid sides have better GKs, both Madrid sides have better defences, midfield is the only department where we compete, both Madrid sides have proven goalscorers in their ranks. And to top it off, both Madrid sides could add players before the market closes.
    Madrid's attack is abysmal, only Benzema playing there. Ours is comfortably stronger with Ansu, Depay, Griezz + youngsters.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Madrid's attack is abysmal, only Benzema playing there. Ours is comfortably stronger with Ansu, Depay, Griezz + youngsters.
    hazard might stay injury free this season. bale is better than our youngsters. benzema is a pure striker, we have none of that but depay and griezz could theoretically cover.

    wouldn't say it's abysmal. the same wishful thinking we apply to ansu coming back and delivering can be applied to hazard.

    and they still might do 1-2 transfers. don't even want to imagine mbappe going there.
    Last edited by malvolio; 10th August 2021 at 11:07 AM.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,354
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think comparing players or squads 1v1 is productive - it's not how football works
    But I am less impressed by Real Madrids squad this season than I was since Julio Baptista still played there... They have a new coach and new defenders, it is uncertain, but they didn't impress me last year and I don't think it's obvious why they should be better this year.
    Barcelona is of course very uncertain too with Messi gone, but having a star go like that has been shown so many times to be potentially very good for a team. It can also go the other way of course.

    Atletico Madrid took 86 points last year after a very good season, will they be able to do that again? I think it might be tough, and that maybe 82-84p will be enough for Barcelona to win the league next year.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    I don't think comparing players or squads 1v1 is productive - it's not how football works
    But I am less impressed by Real Madrids squad this season than I was since Julio Baptista still played there... They have a new coach and new defenders, it is uncertain, but they didn't impress me last year and I don't think it's obvious why they should be better this year.
    Barcelona is of course very uncertain too with Messi gone, but having a star go like that has been shown so many times to be potentially very good for a team. It can also go the other way of course.

    Atletico Madrid took 86 points last year after a very good season, will they be able to do that again? I think it might be tough, and that maybe 82-84p will be enough for Barcelona to win the league next year.
    they finished above us for two seasons straight, while we still had messi. it's good that you are not impressed, but they're definitely not worse than us.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,354
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    they finished above us for two seasons straight, while we still had messi. it's good that you are not impressed, but they're definitely not worse than us.
    Yeah they didn't perform worse than a Barcelona under three coaches these last two years - Real Madrid were 5 points ahead both years.
    From what I watched though, Barcelonas potential and class should be higher.
    For how bad I think Koeman is, maybe he'll benefit from being on his 2nd year and having gotten Depay, and there are a lot of Barcelona players that could be better being one year older and having to take more responsibilty with Messi gone.

    There is a lot of uncertainty right now of course, with both teams. I picked winners in the poll, but I could just as easily see them missing out on Europe completely. The potential is there, but it depends on the reaction.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14,410
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back relegations.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    KingLeo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    10,610
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Back to back relegations.
    Wondering how many will catch on.

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    10,891
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Madrid's attack is abysmal, only Benzema playing there. Ours is comfortably stronger with Ansu, Depay, Griezz + youngsters.
    We have a stronger attack and also a better midfield imo. Only defence is weaker.

  15. #45
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roster includes several who are unlikely to be able to play more than just a few games all season:
    Umtiti
    Coutinho
    Dembele
    Aguero

    That's really thin up front and in midfield. Big years are essential from the likes of Fati, Braithwaite, Sergi Roberto in midfield, Puig. Not a good bet to be a top team. There should be plenty of opportunity for Barca B players to get their chances to break through.