Premier League 2021/2022

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajnotkeith

THIS season, and it's unlikely to get much better, on paper we are arguably not top10 and worse if you consider Cowman as manager.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Bayern, PSG, Atletico, Madrid are ones surely ahead of us right now and then consider other teams like Dortmund or Inter who arguably have a better squad than us. And I am being optimist there.

serghei

Barca is barely top 20 right now imo

You can't seriously believe that :lol:. We're at the bottom of the top ten. At worst behind Dortmund.

With a better manager, we could climb up to 3 places, but would still be behind the top 5 by a good margin due to squad issues.

malvolio

THIS season, and it's unlikely to get much better, on paper we are arguably not top10 and worse if you consider Cowman as manager.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Bayern, PSG, Atletico, Madrid are ones surely ahead of us right now and then consider other teams like Dortmund or Inter who arguably have a better squad than us. And I am being optimist there.

Dortmund and Inter are between CL and Europa League level, when it comes to playing the big teams in CL. So could go either way between us and them.

Man Utd I feel are overhyped. Yes, on paper they look pretty good. But manager is poor, midfield not on par with the big teams and defence doesn't convince either.

Laplacian

Fati - Vardy - Memphis
Tielmans - Ndidi - Dejong
Alba - Evans - Pique - Perieria
Schmeichel
7-5 for Leicester

(I'm not counting 2021/2022 as I don't have a full season worth of performances, yet. So guys like Memphis are out).

For me it's:

Barnes - Vardy - Messi
Tielemans - De Jong - Ndidi
Alba - Evans - Soyuncu - Pereira
Schmeichel

Soyuncu's debut season was fantastic and far above 2019-2021's Pique, in my honest opinion. I seriously just don't rate Barcelona's defense outside of Alba. Leicester's far more solid defensively on an individual level. Once again based on performances.

I can't place Fati in the lineup as he doesn't even have a season of playtime, and he's been injured. Though I think talent wise he is higher than Barnes. I also think Dembele's "talent" is also higher than Barnes, but Barnes has been the more reliable performer and has had very good end product for the past 2 years.

Same as Vardy. Doesn't have Suarez's talent, but I'd pick his performances over the past 2 years over Suarez's.

Schmeichel over Ter Stegen for obvious reasons.

Like I said, 3 from Barcelona.
It is my firm these guys aren't rated higher because they wear a Leicester shirt. I'm 100% sure once Tielemans and Pereira move to elite teams (which they will), they will be designated as world class players. I rate Tielemans quite highly, one of the best CMs in the league.

This isn't the same as saying Barcelona's team is shit, I think it's still comfortably a regular UCL team. Just that the PL is way more top heavy than any other league right now that even a 5th placed team can match up quite well against the European elite.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
(I'm not counting 2021/2022 as I don't have a full season worth of performances, yet. So guys like Memphis are out).

For me it's:

Barnes - Vardy - Messi
Tielemans - De Jong - Ndidi
Alba - Evans - Soyuncu - Pereira
Schmeichel

Soyuncu's debut season was fantastic and far above 2019-2021's Pique, in my honest opinion. I seriously just don't rate Barcelona's defense outside of Alba. Leicester's far more solid defensively on an individual level. Once again based on performances.

I can't place Fati in the lineup as he doesn't even have a season of playtime, and he's been injured. Though I think talent wise he is higher than Barnes. I also think Dembele's "talent" is also higher than Barnes, but Barnes has been the more reliable performer and has had very good end product for the past 2 years.

Same as Vardy. Doesn't have Suarez's talent, but I'd pick his performances over the past 2 years over Suarez's.

Schmeichel over Ter Stegen for obvious reasons.

Like I said, 3 from Barcelona.
It is my firm these guys aren't rated higher because they wear a Leicester shirt. I'm 100% sure once Tielemans and Pereira move to elite teams (which they will), they will be designated as world class players. I rate Tielemans quite highly, one of the best CMs in the league.

This isn't the same as saying Barcelona's team is shit, I think it's still comfortably a regular UCL team. Just that the PL is way more top heavy than any other league right now that even a 5th placed team can match up quite well against the European elite.

Both Evans and Soyuncu are worse than Araujo and probably Pique and Garcia. Evans is a classic British CB for midtable teams. Soyuncu has been abysmal since 20/21. Leicester fans are calling for his head. Was amateurish in the EUROs too. He is a walking error machine with his WTF moments right now, worse than Lenglet. Just pay a visit to the Leicester forums.

mc_lovin

Both Evans and Soyuncu are worse than Araujo and probably Pique and Garcia. Evans is a classic British CB for midtable teams. Soyuncu has been abysmal since 20/21. Leicester fans are calling for his head. Was amateurish in the EUROs too. He is a walking error machine with his WTF moments right now, worse than Lenglet. Just pay a visit to the Leicester forums.

It's mad how the grass is always greener on the other side.

Busquets and co would still walk into that Leicester team. They have fatal flaws against the very best, but still have enough quality to compete for top 4 - even in England. Barcelona fans are just more critical, because we actually play for trophies.

malvolio

It's mad how the grass is always greener on the other side.

Busquets and co would still walk into that Leicester team. They have fatal flaws against the very best, but still have enough quality to compete for top 4 - even in England. Barcelona fans are just more critical, because we actually play for trophies.

Barcelona fans come from a very high standard, possibly of best football played ever. A lot of spoiled individuals that now jump on any bandwagon because they got bored.

jamrock

People here are crazy lol.
Pereira
Tielemans
Vardy
Are probably the only person that would get into our XI, especially from last season.

Ndidi would be the first option off the bench

I'd even take lenglet over Leicester's CB pair, Soyuncu started off brightly but quickly showed his true level, & evans is a non starter.

---pereria----pique---Araujo---Alba

-----Tielemans---de jong----pedri

-----messi-----vardy------fati.

For this season you replace, Messi with depay.

Alot of their players would be better than what we have on the bench though

Barnes
N'dini
Marison would be first options off the bench before anything we have.

Damn that's a good team we should raid them for Tielemans & Pereira.

Home of Barca Fans