Who is the face of LaLiga after Messi's departure from Barca?

Who's the new face of LaLiga?

• Benzema

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Oblak

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Griezmann

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hazard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify in the thread)

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

bismp

When the possible faces of the league are:

30someting year old Benz,who spent most of his career in the shadow of his teammates

A GK

34 yo washed Suarez

An overrated French boy,whose greatest club accomplishment is a EL.

A fat,super washed,injured Hazard.

Then you know you are in trouble :lol:

Jadentheman

They will probably push Griezmann, Hazard and Vinicius Jr. the issue is that none of them are widely marketable. Hazard isn’t nearly as popular as he was pre-Chelsea as a YouTube wonderkid

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Right now it's probably Benzema.

Arguably the best player in La Liga at the moment.

Joan

Benzema's the best player in Primera atm, but he's not the face of it. Doesn't strike me as particularly popular or anything. Grirzmann most likely, even though a weak one.

DonAK

Benzema's the best player in Primera atm, but he's not the face of it. Doesn't strike me as particularly popular or anything. Grirzmann most likely, even though a weak one.

I don't know. Benzema seem more popular than Griezmann to me. He has a lot of fanboys, and almost just as many haters that seem to love to watch him fail or hope to watch him fail. Don't know how to judge it though. Big Benz has more followers on social media so maybe that way :lol:

Joan

I don't know. Benzema seem more popular than Griezmann to me. He has a lot of fanboys, and almost just as many haters that seem to love to watch him fail or hope to watch him fail. Don't know how to judge it though. Big Benz has more followers on social media so maybe that way :lol:

You could very well be right. It was a very loose verdict. Didn't think he'd be very popular after the scandal and being thrown out of the French NT. His return should boost his reputation, though. When I think about it, I'd rather watch Benz than Griezmann too :lol:

DonAK

You could very well be right. It was a very loose verdict. Didn't think he'd be very popular after the scandal and being thrown out of the French NT. His return should boost his reputation, though. When I think about it, I'd rather watch Benz than Griezmann too :lol:

Benz is a smooth player man. I don't necessarily like the guy that much, but cannot deny that he's a great striker that's good to watch.

His first goal vs Switzerland was so good. Even if there was some luck involved.

Joan

Benz is a smooth player man. I don't necessarily like the guy that much, but cannot deny that he's a great striker that's good to watch.

His first goal vs Switzerland was so good. Even if there was some luck involved.

Top class, no doubt about it. But alwayes seemed to me he went under the radar, that's why I thought Griez, mentioned as a Ballon d'Or candidate once, could be a more popular one.

Not that it matters really. Primera lacks real stars now Messi's gone. Some serious work must be done in that regard.

Andresito

Staff member
Why does there have to be an individual face? There are very few players in the world that can be used as the 'face' of a league. Not even PL has that.
Marketing will be more towards the teams rather than individuals.

Home of Barca Fans