Votes: 9 64.3%
  • both will be just as poor

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • both will be good in their own way

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wolfe having the time of his life right now.

Now imagine if Mbappe renews with PSG and Haaland goes to Man Utd or Bayern next year......

El Gato

Villarato!
Hardly.

And I am concerned, it's not a secret.

But this is just to record sentiment in one place to have a laugh or cry about this time next year. So what y'all think?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is this a serious question?

A club that just lost its biggest star, one of the best players ever played the sport, in the middle of full-blown financial crisis that saw no signs of abating, with a squad that was so dependent on the player they lost, in the first season of rebuild?

Are you kidding me?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG for sure.

Unless the pricks on our team manage to step up, but nothing they've done last few years makes me put any money on it. Actually even then it would be PSG.

Winning the Copa would be a huge success for us right now. Anything in addition to qualifying for the CL is a bonus.

El Gato

Villarato!
Personally I have mixed feelings.
I think there'll be all the pressure in the world on all PSG players, whether Messi signs for them or not, and the manager who has only been to CL final but hasn't really decisively outplayed or beaten any of the current big players in Europe. Subjective measure of success goes out the window if they keep Mbappe and sign Leo, especially now they have Hakimi and Donnarumma in goal - if anything goes wrong, it'll be big drama and automatic scapegoating more than before. I even think Messi is likely to not be that comfortable in a different place, especially at that age. If he doesn't sign, the side is still flawed and IMO just as likely to spontaneously combust over previous problems (Neymar and Ramos injuries, Mbappe and Icardi headcases). I know Ligue 1 is having big issues with Mediapro deal potentially forcing them to sell a lot, but I dont think better competitors has ever been what made PSG underachieve anyway. [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23081]Bulgroz[/MENTION] can attest to it more I imagine.

I've seen stranger things in sport and while there'll be ton of bad press on Barca seniors and they're not going to get any better, I somehow think that if Koeman manages to use the lack of Messi to actually get team behind achieve consistently good scores in key moments, it'll be a successful year, far more than anyone would have bargained for. Depay, Pedri, Fati and maybe likes of Dest benefit most from having to be subject to an established order and preconceived notions on offense. It sounds like contrarianism, but I do genuinely think that Messi stifled progress and independence spirit in any side he's been in. May be wrong, but I do expect it to be a better year than folk think.

mateopol

PSG - they will win Ligue 1, go further in UCL than Barca and maybe win Coupe de France. Barca won't even win Copa del Rey.

Home of Barca Fans