Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devils

I'm confused as to how one could conclude we have an exciting squad without Messi.

I mean, we've had our fair share of hammering and humilations over the last few years, but it was Messi who basically carried us to that point.

Not even joking when I say that people should not be surprised for a Group Stage elimination in the CL this year and a possible out of top 4 place in Liga by the end of the season.

Sorry but players like Frenkie De Jong or Griezmann aren't going to save us. At the same time, we have bums like Ter-Stegen, Roberto and Lenglet in the starting eleven. Oh and we also have a Watford level manager leading us.

Without Messi, we're even worse than the likes of Spurs, Leciester, Sevilla etc...

ebc_99

same thing was said last season about koeman. like how great we are playing and we're moving forward.

in reality we were truly fucked when messi wasn't on the field. griezmann and demebele are not here since yesterday. they could have proven something way before, when we had better squads, and they didn't.

i've seen this 'freedom' they had in the villareal at home and betis away games. when they couldn't convert shit and messi had to step up at half time.

hopefully depay and kun can show something different.

It takes time, they have to get used to him not being there, one-off games here and there won't tell you much.

Griezmann was played out of position, now he can move centrally where he has been great for Atleti and France, and he will know that he will be playing there all year so he will have time to grow in the role, which he didn't have with Messi there.

Dembele is as dumb as a post, but he has talent, and he is the best player at beating a man 1 on 1 we have so have to hope he can step it up a level when he comes back.

Depay, Aguero & Fati will be like 3 new signings not just 2, hopefully Ansu can come back as he was before and I am excited about Depay, I think he will be great for us. Aguero is a natural finisher at least so that is something.

De Jong and Pedri from midfield will have to contribute more in attack, particularly Pedri who doesn't always take on the risky pass, he may need to now.

We have the talent to compete, we just have to see how it works without Messi now, but the players are good enough, I have no doubts about that.

malvolio

It takes time, they have to get used to him not being there, one-off games here and there won't tell you much.

Griezmann was played out of position, now he can move centrally where he has been great for Atleti and France, and he will know that he will be playing there all year so he will have time to grow in the role, which he didn't have with Messi there.

Dembele is as dumb as a post, but he has talent, and he is the best player at beating a man 1 on 1 we have so have to hope he can step it up a level when he comes back.

Depay, Aguero & Fati will be like 3 new signings not just 2, hopefully Ansu can come back as he was before and I am excited about Depay, I think he will be great for us. Aguero is a natural finisher at least so that is something.

De Jong and Pedri from midfield will have to contribute more in attack, particularly Pedri who doesn't always take on the risky pass, he may need to now.

We have the talent to compete, we just have to see how it works without Messi now, but the players are good enough, I have no doubts about that.

so it takes 120M transfer fee, 20M salary, over 2 years to accommodate to barcelona and messi leaving for a supposed world class player to start playing? mate, you are smoking some hard shit. not even bothered to reply to the rest of your post.

Laplacian

I've said it before I'm not a serious fan of the sport. I like football, I like playing it, and I enjoy watching it with mates when possible. I'm not really into "fan cultures" and being a diehard fan of the club. If the club produces boring matches due to its lack of quality in the squad and the football, I'm not going to torture myself over it and I'll move on. It's that simple. To me it's just a hobby, not a way of life or whatever so I treat it as such.

I most likely won't follow the club much now that Messi's gone, considering the players left are all sort of boring. If Messi was retiring leaving behind a squad full of Neymars and Iniestas, I'd watch 100%. But this squad? Not worth torturing myself over it. I'll redirect my attention to one or two PL teams which is enough football watching on a weekly basis imo.

ebc_99

I'm confused as to how one could conclude we have an exciting squad without Messi.

I mean, we've had our fair share of hammering and humilations over the last few years, but it was Messi who basically carried us to that point.

Not even joking when I say that people should not be surprised for a Group Stage elimination in the CL this year and a possible out of top 4 place in Liga by the end of the season.

Sorry but players like Frenkie De Jong or Griezmann aren't going to save us. At the same time, we have bums like Ter-Stegen, Roberto and Lenglet in the starting eleven. Oh and we also have a Watford level manager leading us.

Without Messi, we're even worse than the likes of Spurs, Leciester, Sevilla etc...

Nah, you are overreacting, our squad is very strong, we became reliant on Messi but we didn't have to be. These players are good enough to fight for the title on their own, the Champions League group might be tough depending on the draw but how many squads are stronger than Barca? Maybe 7 or 8 across Europe? Compared to our previous teams we don't look so good but we are still a step above the likes of Spurs & Sevilla.

It may be a difficult season for us, but so what, that is what it is like supporting a football team, up and down, it is always that way and Barca have been in much worse positions than this.

PhilS

Well, Barca still has the superstars Greizmann, Dembele and Coutinho. You can tell just by their cost that they are worth watching, worth rooting for.

jamrock

Club above all, at least now some of the barca "fans" on here will disappear, the ones who only hopped on when we were playing galactic football, who wasn't here for the dark times before, see you guys again in 4/5 years when we are back at the top.

Devils

Nah, you are overreacting, our squad is very strong, we became reliant on Messi but we didn't have to be. These players are good enough to fight for the title on their own, the Champions League group might be tough depending on the draw but how many squads are stronger than Barca? Maybe 7 or 8 across Europe? Compared to our previous teams we don't look so good but we are still a step above the likes of Spurs & Sevilla.

It may be a difficult season for us, but so what, that is what it is like supporting a football team, up and down, it is always that way and Barca have been in much worse positions than this.

1) Bayern
2) PSG
3) United
4) City
5) Chelsea
6) Real Madrid
7) Atletico Madrid
8) Inter milan
9) Juventus
10) Liverpool

These are just the non-debatable ones lol!

I could throw in the likes of Sevilla, Spurs, AC Milan, Leicester etc...that could very well compete against a Barca without Messi.

I think you need to re-define what you classify as a very strong squad...In 2021, defining a squad that has the likes of Pique, Lenglet, Busquets, Alba, MAtS as starters is a very big stretch.

fergus90

I've followed Barca since 98 as my 'foreign team', so definitely. However, for the fans that have only been following Barca because of Messi's greatness, I can understand why right now it feels like you won't, especially with the monumental impact he's had on football.

Your favorite player/idol is always going to leave, unfortunately, but one thing that will always be there is the club. Barca isn't my number 1 club admittedly, but I've still spent a lot of nights in my life watching their games, including plenty before Messi and I will continue to do so a long time after him too.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If you think we are headed to anywhere but the Europa league without Messi, you are fucking deluded.

We wont win La Liga for at least the next 2-3 years and we wont compete for Europe for at least another 5 years. No top talent is going to come to us now, we will lose our biggest source of revenue which means we wont have the financial clout to keep up with the Reals and PSGs of the world. With Messi, he would have patched things together enough for a couple years before these young kids could develop enough.

Now we lost any hope of being competitive in the short term, nor do we get any sort of money to rebuild the squad. This could be even worse than the shitstorm Milan was in. We barely clinched Europe this season even with Messi, and besides Depay, Demir and maybe Emerson, we are not any stronger of a side while Atleti have improved with de Paul. Again if you think we will be anything close to competitive, you have not been paying attention.

I will bleed blaugrana until I die, will always support FC Barcelona no matter what but I certainly wont follow as closely or with the same sort of passion, pride and joy. Only positive is that we can finally say goodbye to all of these fanboys and plastics.

But no, it really is not an over exaggeration to say there is a decent chance we get dumped in the group stages of CL and fail to reach the top 4 next season with this squad. Imagine genuinely thinking Greizmann and Coutinho are good enough still to keep us competitive :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you think we are headed to anywhere but the Europa league without Messi, you are fucking deluded.

We wont win La Liga for at least the next 2-3 years and we wont compete for Europe for at least another 5 years. No top talent is going to come to us now, we will lose our biggest source of revenue which means we wont have the financial clout to keep up with the Reals and PSGs of the world. With Messi, he would have patched things together enough for a couple years before these young kids could develop enough.

Now we lost any hope of being competitive in the short term, nor do we get any sort of money to rebuild the squad. This could be even worse than the shitstorm Milan was in. We barely clinched Europe this season even with Messi, and besides Depay, Demir and maybe Emerson, we are not any stronger of a side while Atleti have improved with de Paul. Again if you think we will be anything close to competitive, you have not been paying attention.

I will bleed blaugrana until I die, will always support FC Barcelona no matter what but I certainly wont follow as closely or with the same sort of passion, pride and joy. Only positive is that we can finally say goodbye to all of these fanboys and plastics.

But no, it really is not an over exaggeration to say there is a decent chance we get dumped in the group stages of CL and fail to reach the top 4 next season with this squad. Imagine genuinely thinking Greizmann and Coutinho are good enough still to keep us competitive :lol:

I think most Barca fans are not deluded and know what calamity we will be facing in the short term. This is bound to happen whenever Messi leaves, it is just that the timing is the worst right now with the club suffering from a huge financial crisis. We have no choice but to look within, exploring resources and talents from La Masia and that could be a blessing in disguise. At least we won't be repeating the mistakes of Coutinho, Dembele and to a lesser degree, Griezmann that led to our financial downfall any time soon.

Home of Barca Fans