Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think most Barca fans are not deluded and know what calamity we will be facing in the short term. This is bound to happen whenever Messi leaves, it is just that the timing is the worst right now with the club suffering from a huge financial crisis. We have no choice but to look within, exploring resources and talents from La Masia and that could be a blessing in disguise. At least we won't be repeating the mistakes of Coutinho, Dembele and to a lesser degree, Griezmann that led to our financial downfall any time soon.

You say that but have you looked at some of the responses on the last couple pages?! :lol:

The only players we have in the squad that come anywhere remotely close of being worthy of carrying the mantle now is Ansu and maybe Demir, that is it.

It all starts and ends with Bartomeu when you boil it down. All of this could have been avoided if he left when the writing was clearly on the wall after Bayern. Laporta wins and starts this process last summer, we have the January window to have another crack at moving the deadweight on and then we would have had the time and resources to have worked this all out.

Socios needed to sack up then and there with the vote of no confidence. Just goes to show you how much of a mess this has been since last summer. Just from one drama to the next and this just seems to be the beginning of the culmination of it all.

What really scares me is that we lose Kun and Depay in the process of all of this.

PS Randomly saw this dude with a 18 Coutinho jersey on the train yesterday before all of this came out and I was mean-mugging the shit out of him wearing that even then. Imagine the hate he is getting now :lol:

Last edited:

Devils

I think most Barca fans are not deluded and know what calamity we will be facing in the short term. This is bound to happen whenever Messi leaves, it is just that the timing is the worst right now with the club suffering from a huge financial crisis. We have no choice but to look within, exploring resources and talents from La Masia and that could be a blessing in disguise. At least we won't be repeating the mistakes of Coutinho, Dembele and to a lesser degree, Griezmann that led to our financial downfall any time soon.

What exactly is short term for you?

To me, a club that somehow managed to accumulate nearly 500m in a debt over a single fiscal year is going to be in crisis for a long time.

The numbers are so astounding, they almost don't even make any sense.

jairzinho

The biggest problem isn't so much Messi leaving, it's how do we get out of this debt, that's the bigger issue. 95% of revenue going to player salaries, that's crazy!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What exactly is short term for you?

To me, a club that somehow managed to accumulate nearly 500m in a debt over a single fiscal year is going to be in crisis for a long time.

The numbers are so astounding, they almost don't even make any sense.

From the sporting perspective, short-term probably means 2-3 years without major trophies. From the financial perspective it will take a long time to pay off the debt of course, but if we can control our spending and find new avenues to increase our revenues, I think we should be able to make a comeback in a few years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From the sporting perspective, short-term probably means 2-3 years without major trophies. From the financial perspective it will take a long time to pay off the debt of course, but if we can control our spending and find new avenues to increase our revenues, I think we should be able to make a comeback in a few years.

To throw something else into this:

How long do you think players like Frenkie de Jong, Ansu Fati are willing to stay at Barca if we're unable to compete for trophies? When do they get tired of not winning?

El Gato

Villarato!
Frenkie seems a blockheaded idealist, I wouldn't worry about him. He's exactly where he needs and wants to be.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To throw something else into this:

How long do you think players like Frenkie de Jong, Ansu Fati are willing to stay at Barca if we're unable to compete for trophies? When do they get tired of not winning?

Yes some players might want to leave but if we can build up or recover our financial strength, we can entice players to stay and come here with lucrative offers (all has to be within the salary cap of course).

The thing is, there is no other way around this. We are not getting Haaland or De Ligt next summer. It will take time.

Mitchell1978

I watch football to be entertained and to watch goals and brilliance and now the only reason Barca was still entertaining to watch is no longer at the club.

It will be sad to see a Barca without Messi and Messi playing for another club imo but seeing what Messi will do at his new club seems much more intresting then watching Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans