Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

Will you continue to support FC Barcelona after Messi's departure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wisconsincule

Yeah, but people hoping or thinking the other senior players will leave need to stop it now. Busquets and Alba are going to be here until at least 2023.

With Pique you never know. He grew up rich. He is very rich. His wife/partner is incredibly rich.

But the rest of them are going to squeeze everything for as long as they can.

I was just looking at our existing contracts. Only Roberto off the books next season.

Quite pathetic. Hopefully out of all of this the board realizes we cannot hand out inflated contracts to players.

El Gato

Villarato!
Since when is being rid of a proverbial iron weight round your ankle financially and sport wise is a reason to stop supporting the club?

Y’all should celebrate - this is the end of pass-to-God-and-watch era.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Since when is being rid of a proverbial iron weight round your ankle financially and sport wise is a reason to stop supporting the club?

Y’all should celebrate - this is the end of pass-to-God-and-watch era.

Some "player fans" support whichever club their favorite players play for currently for the fame of the players, and they tend to drift around with the players, as I saw in some so-called "Real Madrid fans" in the case of Ronaldo leaving.

I think overall they are very small in numbers.

Devils

I wouldn't blame or label any person who decided to stop supporting this shameful club.

Loyal fans (who watch every week, attend games, buy merchandise etc...) just spent the last decade being lied to by Barto and his cronies and now even after that shitshow, the great Joan Laporta runs a campaign on renewing Messi and every week is telling us that things are progressing well with Messi's renewal only to have this chaos erupt today.

This club is run by liars, crooks, cronies and the corrupt.

The incredible irony about all of this is Barca is a fan owned club and is supposed to be completely transparent to it's members and fans. Yet, it is somehow the most shady, dishonest and scandal-ridden club in world football.

It's laughable to insult people who want to or choosing to rid themselves of this poison.

Sickening!

JamDav1982

Still watch most Barca games when can but losing interest in Spanish football as a whole and willl watch Real/Ateltico much less when used to watch majority of their games.

Too many good EPL games and fantasy football as a part of it to bother with Spanish football as much these days. Product is worst has been since started watching it these past few seasons.

Wouldnt watch PSG for Messi and would not want them to win CL with him there.

Rassvet

If La Liga was still on BEIN, I would watch a lot less matches without Messi but I like espn+ a lot so I will probably still watch all Barca matches and the occasional Madrid/Atletico match when nothing else is on.

Andresito

Staff member
Will never stop watching Barca.

Football in general is about entertainment, PSG with Neymar, Mbappe and Messi will be interesting to watch. Will try to catch as many games as possible hoping Messi will be a protagonist. Won't care if they win or not though.

Windhook

Funny that 3 people voted to leave Cules:lol:

Man, should have stopped following Barca after Van Gaal kicked out Rivaldo back in 2002.:koeman:

Birdy

The fact that this poll exists and was created in the first place,

just shows what's wrong in this forum

malvolio

giphy.gif

ebc_99

Of course, I am actually pretty excited to see how things go for us now. I think Messi leaving should give other players more room to perform without having Leo as a crutch, Griezmann & Dembele especially will have to take more responsibility, Depay too will have more freedom than he would have had.

We actually have quite an exciting squad and without Messi it gives Koeman more authority to take the club forward, I am not expecting the title this year but I think we will be exciting to watch.

malvolio

Of course, I am actually pretty excited to see how things go for us now. I think Messi leaving should give other players more room to perform without having Leo as a crutch, Griezmann & Dembele especially will have to take more responsibility, Depay too will have more freedom than he would have had.

We actually have quite an exciting squad and without Messi it gives Koeman more authority to take the club forward, I am not expecting the title this year but I think we will be exciting to watch.

same thing was said last season about koeman. like how great we are playing and we're moving forward.

in reality we were truly fucked when messi wasn't on the field. griezmann and demebele are not here since yesterday. they could have proven something way before, when we had better squads, and they didn't.

i've seen this 'freedom' they had in the villareal at home and betis away games. when they couldn't convert shit and messi had to step up at half time.

hopefully depay and kun can show something different.

Home of Barca Fans