Europa Conference League

soul24rage

I mean there used to be the Intertoto cup but can't even get my head around that format just by reading the wiki page, shit could have multiple winners per year
I do recall it being useless at the time to the extent most teams just never saw the point and forfeited the games lol

I think it's more key to current day because you can get more eyes on a final, but ultimately the purpose it serves is useless considering this year's winners would have already qualified for Europa (or even CL if the incoming new format were a thing in Netherlands' case). It does need a CL qualifying spot at stake.

At first, I thought that as well, but if this happened, I think more clubs would favor to be involved in the ECL than the Europa League as it's an easier way to get into the CL imo since the level of opposition in the ECL is lower and this would devalue the Europa League.

I'm saying this out of the blue, but maybe the winner of the ECL could get an automatic spot in the knockout stage of the Europa League or get a huge influx in $$$.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fine with either as long as it means some kind of opportunity to fight for a CL spot rather than pretend like everyone in the Conference League is a Levski Sofia level side competing to play in Europa which they wouldn't otherwise get into

We'll see how sides treat it next year.
Think result got overromanticized a little bit as is since Roma never wins anything and Italy haven't won a European title since Milan 2008

It's good it's here but not sure how its significance will evolve once it's no longer got a team with recognition going for it
Might be good for the French league if they take it seriously and win it

Porque

I think they should enter at the 1st or 2nd qualifying round of the CL. So it gives an opening, but alot of legwork.

Another idea is that they could play off against the runner up of the Europa League and enter the 3rd qualifying round of the CL.

Home of Barca Fans