Europa Conference League

Temptation

Spinazzola is so fucking talented
If he wasn't doomed by injuries he'd be one of the best full backs around. His Ball carrying and Football IQ is absolutely world class

Porque

They should jazz up the Conference League by having the winners enter the 2nd or 3rd Qualifying round of the Champions League.

Birdy

Imagine being Mourinho, playing a final in the lowest tier European competition, getting battered for 50 min by a team that is 2 or 3 levels below, parking the bus big time against them as if you are Venlo or Herenveen despite having 10times their budget, getting lucky with them creating chances for goals, hitting the post twice, and your keeper saving you,

and then boasting about being the only one to win 'all' European competitions :lol:

His state is pathetic indeed.
The 'finished One'

soul24rage

I have to say, this competition is a great addition to football.

Gives a chance for mid-table teams in the top 5 league to have a chance to win a trophy without the presence of the big guns.

Morten

Gives a chance for mid-table teams in the top 5 league to have a chance to win a trophy without the presence of the big guns.

True, and it also gives teams from low-tier divisions a competition to play in, such as my local league(Norway).

El Gato

Villarato!

I mean there used to be the Intertoto cup but can't even get my head around that format just by reading the wiki page, shit could have multiple winners per year
I do recall it being useless at the time to the extent most teams just never saw the point and forfeited the games lol

I think it's more key to current day because you can get more eyes on a final, but ultimately the purpose it serves is useless considering this year's winners would have already qualified for Europa (or even CL if the incoming new format were a thing in Netherlands' case). It does need a CL qualifying spot at stake.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans