2020 Summer Olympics - Tokyo

Messi983

Olympics will officially be opened on Friday though there are already some competitions going on (Women's football, Softball).

There is already a thread about Men's football tournament here https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/19349-Olympics-2020-(U23) so I suggest we keep this thread to comment on other sports people have interest in.

Personally besides football (I'll try to watch Women's, especially the Netherlands (Lieke Martens) and Sweden (Fridolina Rolfo)) I'll watch some baseball, softball, basketball, handball and beach volleyball from team sports and table tennis, sport climbing, swimming and diving in individual sports.

Olympic Schedule & Results:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/all-sports/olympic-schedule.htm

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Messi983 the only guy in the world whose days are 36h long.

My man probably watches Bangladeshi disabled U17's hay farming championship. But Euros and Copa America? Big nono :messi:

Porque

Messi983 is still recovering from the US losing 3-0 to Sweden and hasn't managed to post it yet.

Messi983

Messi983 the only guy in the world whose days are 36h long.

My man probably watches Bangladeshi disabled U17's hay farming championship. But Euros and Copa America? Big nono :messi:

Just not a big fan of NT football in general. I've watched a few Euro games, mostly Spain and Denmark. I've tried to watch Copa America. but couldn't stay up all night, lol.

Messi983 is still recovering from the US losing 3-0 to Sweden and hasn't managed to post it yet.

You mean celebrating? As said above I'm team Sweden and team Netherlands. :rockon:

Jadentheman

3x3 Basketball, Skateboarding, and Surfing excited to see the most. After that is both Artistic and Rhythmic Gymnastics

El Gato

Villarato!
Jamaica's men team seems completely barren in 100m sprint. Weird to watch.

Buzzing for climbing this week.

El Gato

Villarato!
I was expecting a better lookalike

d02f52f6a61878c90be5af9eeadd2ed8

iu

Apparently this Abreu fella is the very first Portuguese olympian gymnast ever

El Gato

Villarato!
Might as well have been Bas Dost I guess. Dude is at least 2 inches taller than every other competitor.

Still, of all things to pay attention to in that set of competitors, I would have highlighted something slightly different.

image.png

El Gato

Villarato!
The triple jump ladies WR was sick. Knew from her first jump she'd absolutely nail the last one, she's so much longer and faster than her competitors. Basically Usain Bolt of jumping.

Sprint quite fun to watch. Happy for the Italians this year, plenty of sports success

Home of Barca Fans