Olympics 2020 (U23)

Andresito

Staff member
Somebody will have to confirm but it seems like if you're living in Spain you can't refuse a callup to the Olympics if fit. Which is why Ferran could stay at home but not likes of Pedri.

Porque

City were forceful in their decision to not let Ferran and Rodri go. Barcelona weren't.

Ferran suggested in an interview that if it were his choice, he would want to go.

HanDW

Awful display by Spain, hoping for individual brilliance and nothing more. Hopefully they get knocked out in the group stages so pedri can get some rest

Messi983

Somebody will have to confirm but it seems like if you're living in Spain you can't refuse a callup to the Olympics if fit. Which is why Ferran could stay at home but not likes of Pedri.

Yeah, from reports I've read a few weeks ago I think you're right.

Spanish clubs can't refuse to let their players go, they can just try to negotiate with RFEF (which we did in Pedri's case) but Barca was pretty much powerless here.

No time to prepare, fatigue, a scrambled together squad... I wouldn't put that on the manager yet. Was always going to be a slow start and maybe gaining some momentum/form later.

Sure but I was never too convinced with de la Fuente. He had some questionable decisions in the U21 Euro earlier this summer as well.

Last edited:

Messi983

Where do you guys watch games? Spain is playing in 90 minutes but I was trying to watch Brazil before and can't find any good stream.

Bobo32

Where do you guys watch games? Spain is playing in 90 minutes but I was trying to watch Brazil before and can't find any good stream.

I pay so I can stream the entire olympics.
Did anyone find statistics for men's football though? fbref strangely only keeps track of the womens tournament...

Bobo32

Pedri with a very nice first touch and then through ball in one sequence in this first half against Australia. He also tried to shoot another time...

Does anyone here know anything about Javi Puado? He played for Espanyol and got them back to la primera last season, starts today.

edit: Olmo with an even better through ball just now, I think he'd fit very well in Barcelona...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans