Jordi Escobar

Messi983

662x372a_15120855sin-ti--tulo-1.png.jpg

a.png

Former Valencia youngster is close to join Barca B on loan from Almeria. According to Ferran Martinez he has already passed his medical and will join the team today at the start of preseason. He has played in La Masia as a 8 year old kid before moving to Espanyol and later to Valencia who sold him to Almeria last year.

Porque

I think this will be a good move for the level, and end up being a better signing than Zeballos or Gabriel Novaes previously.

Messi983

We'll see. He's only 19 and I think he has a lot of untapped potential. If we can "unlock" him I think he could even become a solid, cheap backup striker for the first team in a few years.

But if he'll disappoint we can just send him back to Almeria next year and find someone better.

Either way it's a good deal. We can evaulate him for a full season before deciding if we'll invest any money in him. And 4m is still relatively cheap even in our current situation.

ajnotkeith

Looks to be a bit of a car-crash signing so far. Only played 4 minutes so far with Rodado clearly the favoured option, even tho Escobar was a request of Barjuan. Was meant to be the replacement of Manaj but not working out so far obviously.

Home of Barca Fans