Concacaf Gold Cup 2021

soul24rage

Would it make sense to merge the Gold Cup and Copa America at some point? You would avoid the ridiculous group stage for Copa America, bring in lots of TV revenue from the USA and Mexico, and give the North American teams good competition in a tournament worth winning.

Sporting-wise it makes a lot of sense, but it really comes to down to money. On the video at 5:10, it kinda explains why it's all about the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MyU29_EEg

Total-Football

U know a cup is irrelevant when the list of participators looks like a menu of fancy alcoholic cocktails.

They need to merge with South American and create a cup of 16.. 10 south Americans and 6 Noth Americans.

Richard.H

U know a cup is irrelevant when the list of participators looks like a menu of fancy alcoholic cocktails.

They need to merge with South American and create a cup of 16.. 10 south Americans and 6 Noth Americans.

Been saying this for a while. Euros can have teams from Euroasia/bordering countries but Copa America/Gold cup do this stupid crap every 2 years. I understand they are more desperate for money, but increased competition will surely help both continents.

FinBarcelonafan

Been saying this for a while. Euros can have teams from Euroasia/bordering countries but Copa America/Gold cup do this stupid crap every 2 years. I understand they are more desperate for money, but increased competition will surely help both continents.

Exactly and maybe it would catch more European spectators too. Now nobody cares about Gold Cup in Europe. Copa very small following. Together it would start out small but could improve. I don't see Gold Cup or Copa themselves improving.

Rassvet

I hope this happens starting in 2024

Home of Barca Fans