Yusuf Demir

Bobo32

Balde and Gavi are playing in Barca's system for years so it's easier for them. Yusuf still needs to adapt both on and off the pitch to his new club. Has just turned 18 a few months ago and probably doesn't even speak Spanish much yet. Sometimes people forget how much time even older and more experienced players needed to adapt to our system.

With Koeman there isn't (wasn't?) that much of a system though.
But I guess he should be given time to adapt to the country and the club, that's why he should be given the chance to play for Barcelona B (and also come in for some A games when needed, for example when everyone but Long de Jong and Depay were injured)

serghei

Not ready either, and we will rush him in 1st team out of necessity.
But yeah, among our crop of young unproven midfielders (Nico, Puig, Demir) he is the best one

That's what I mean. Rushing him is not a problem in current conditions, nor is it a tragedy if he has a bad game or something. Busi has stinkers all the time and plays non-stop. Gavi was probably the best of our midfielders last night.

The next 2-3 seasons will be about forming a team with a clear idea of play (for which we need to name a new long-term manager and make sure we pick well this time), giving time to young players, and getting top 4. Those are the objectives.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

That's what I mean. Rushing him is not a problem in current conditions, nor is it a tragedy if he has a bad game or something. Busi has stinkers all the time and plays non-stop. Gavi was probably the best of our midfielders last night.

The next 2-3 seasons will be about forming a team with a clear idea of play (for which we need to name a new long-term manager and make sure we pick well this time), giving time to young players, and getting top 4. Those are the objectives.

It's shocking how little critism someone like Busi receive from the media. They don't seem to care about his weaknesses at all. Probably why he always kept quiet and never complained.. kept his spot in the team.

Gaudi

He looks like Messi on the field how he moves and holds the ball. Sadly no same burst of acceleration as young MEssi.

Exactly, I was just to write this, he really looks like Messi with the ball, small steps and all, but this just proves how one in a kind Messi is/was. Nowhere near Messi level!

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly, I was just to write this, he really looks like Messi with the ball, small steps and all, but this just proves how one in a kind Messi is/was. Nowhere near Messi level!

He has potential to become smaller level Messi. The talent seems to be there. Needs to become quicker/stronger and faster though. Messi always had insane balance/strength.

mc_lovin

Unpopular opinion (I guess around here), but they created a freak of nature with his HGH treatment. I still remember that Ujfalusi tackle. It's unnatural.

ajnotkeith

Doping is very common in sport, and in football even the top players are barely tested and if you play in 2nd or 3rd divisions you aren't at all. In other sports like boxing they have massive test programs costing hundreds of millions to run and still don't manage to catch the majority of dopers, in football the regular player will probably never be tested at all by an independent agency.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of our guys were roided. It is very common. Despite the lack of testing whatsoever many top players have been caught on the occasional one test every 2 years so it shows you how common it is.

ajnotkeith

Clearly not up to the standard at the moment. In all his appearances I can't remember one positive moment, just hides away backpassing and losing the ball and contributing 0 on defense. Don't see why he was registered with the first-team, he should have played with B.

Home of Barca Fans