Yusuf Demir

ajnotkeith

Someone mentioned it in the first pages of this thread but the fact some big talent would come here on a loan with a 10m optional buy is very strange. Obviously he was a punt and we were gonna evaluate him in the B team but Koeman and Laporta got sucked into the hype. With the possible return of Dembele looks like no other way for him then back to Austria.

mc_lovin

It's still very early days, we didn't even have any Copa matches yet. For us it's a pretty nice situation though. Basically zero risk.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He should've been registered for Barca B. Still could've been used in the first team. Our desperation cost us here.

That said, I don't think I like his profile unless he magically becomes faster or adapts to full-time CM role. He is yet another of those slow playmaker winger types, more of the same.

ajnotkeith

Already a lot of hostility from the other teams in Segunda B/RFEF vs Barca B with the massive advantage subsidiaries have and the s**t we pull like sending Mingueza down to B for the semi-finals when he had played 1 game for Barca B all season, signing players like Manaj for 3 million and Demir with his cost of 10 million, already anti-competitive. Doubt they will let us until January.

JamDav1982

Teams at that level are not hostile towards Barca for those reasons.

They accept that having B teams brings those differences in lower leagues.

Demir has not cost 10m anyway and only would if club take up option.

khaled_a_d

Already a lot of hostility from the other teams in Segunda B/RFEF vs Barca B with the massive advantage subsidiaries have and the s**t we pull like sending Mingueza down to B for the semi-finals when he had played 1 game for Barca B all season, signing players like Manaj for 3 million and Demir with his cost of 10 million, already anti-competitive. Doubt they will let us until January.

8 teams of that league is reserve team, there is also other teams that has many loaned players from Liga reserve teams and are basically used as development teams, never mind 2 teams in our group owned by Pique and Iniesta
Don't think that midtable Barca B will bother them with registering a kid from Austria for half a year.
Demir also isn't bought for 10M, it is 0.5M loan deal, 10M is the option to buy

ajnotkeith

I know it's an option the point was there may be a sense we are trying to register a player who is far too good for Segunda B outside the transfer window after he isn't getting minutes in the first-team. There would understandably be outrage over this being outside the transfer window. Believe what you want but they would not accept it.

JamDav1982

I know it's an option the point was there may be a sense we are trying to register a player who is far too good for Segunda B outside the transfer window after he isn't getting minutes in the first-team. There would understandably be outrage over this being outside the transfer window. Believe what you want but they would not accept it.

Even if teams do have a say they most likely will not accept it but not for any hostility and those reasons you gave about past B team player and fees payed.

ajnotkeith

Adrian Sanchez (@mas_que_pelotas) : "Ramon Planes is to blame for Demir's inclusion in the first-team and for his lack of minutes. Even though Koeman said he had Demir over Collado it is clear he doesn't count on him and Planes, along with Alemany, have a lot of control over who is registered in the first-team, for which Collado was left unregistered and now Demir is not playing".

Birdy

Club should loan him out if possible from Jan to June in a LaLiga team where he will play regularly.
We would be able to judge him better then

khaled_a_d

There would understandably be outrage over this being outside the transfer window. Believe what you want but they would not accept it.

I actually meant in winter window. 2 months loss of development is better than a full year.
I don't know if it is possible to downgrade a player who already has a number with 1st team into a B team during the season. If the rules are against that we should try to ask for exception.
Are we going to get it? We will never know without trying.

Club should loan him out if possible from Jan to June in a LaLiga team where he will play regularly.
We would be able to judge him better then

1-I don't think there is such a club, kid is currently way below needed level of Liga.
2-He is currently on loan, so we need to pay 10M in order to loan him somewhere else. Zero chance we will do such thing.

Andresito

Staff member
I actually meant in winter window. 2 months loss of development is better than a full year.
I don't know if it is possible to downgrade a player who already has a number with 1st team into a B team during the season. If the rules are against that we should try to ask for exception.
Are we going to get it? We will never know without trying.

I don't think that's possible. Not sure Yusuf would accept that anyway, would probably rather return to Austria.

He won't be short of offers in summer anyway. Clubs might not pay 10m, but his Barca experience and being young weighs heavy and I'm sure a lot of clubs will try to bet on him.

Messi983

He'll return to Austria, then sold to Leipzig/Dortmund and develop into a great player there and Koeman will look like an idiot (again). You've heard it here first.

ajnotkeith

He'll return to Austria, then sold to Leipzig/Dortmund and develop into a great player there and Koeman will look like an idiot (again). You've heard it here first.

Nice to see you back Messi983 :rockon:

Tbh I think we moved too early in his development if he is going to ever be a good player. He seems to be so far off it in terms of game intelligence and physically that it will take a good few years if he will ever be a good LaLiga player. Definitely a very long-term project

Also he is absolutely not a right winger. He has no idea of the positioning or movement of a right winger and clearly wasn't taught it. Doesn't stretch the pitch at all. Against Cadiz they ended up playing all the way off him and only covering one side of the field. It looks like Rapid didn't put him in his correct position. To me he is either an AM or nothing.

Home of Barca Fans