Yusuf Demir

behindbrowneyes

Me too.

It was just too big of a step for him. I think him getting promoted right away was more a lack of options/money than him being really good enough. Like I said, he wasn't even a starter for Rapid Wien. He just got 2 minutes with the national team in the last two games. Our national team is struggling at the moment and our coach is a coward, but it is not that we have that many quality options in his position. He is that type of player that was starting in early Copa games for the club years ago, not someone who is starting in La Liga against Granada. Although I like him and think he is talented, him starting La Liga games is just a sign of how bad our options have been this season. It is a bad situation for him as he unlike Gavi can't even play for the B team, which would be the right thing and level in his situation.

ajnotkeith

What happened to poor Yusuf? Went from starting all preseason, being registered in the first-team and starting in LaLiga and now doesn't even warm up from the bench.

ajnotkeith

The way it's looking we may not even activate his buy option (I remember RAC1 saying he had to make 20 first-team appearances?) At this rate he probably won't do that with the injured coming back and especially if Dembele comes back.

There's a good reason he came on loan with a 10m buy option. A raw prospect who's potential we were assessing not one for the first-team but alas, he might go back to Rapid next season and say at least I trained with Barca lol

ajnotkeith

Demir plays right wing I think

He is more of a CAM/wide midfielder that just likes cutting in a lot. It might have worked as a sub in Austrian Bundesliga with lower competition but at a high level if you can't stretch your flank with runs, get the ball down the line and take on the fullback it's hard to be an effective winger. Right flank was dead every time we tried him there.

We should try him in a playmaker role or 10 role to see if he has anything to offer there.

Messi983

What happened to poor Yusuf? Went from starting all preseason, being registered in the first-team and starting in LaLiga and now doesn't even warm up from the bench.

He's getting a Koeman treatment similar to Trincao and Pjanic last year.

vegitot

Poor guy. People expected him to be another Pedri but he completely lost it from beginning. Probably will return to Austria next summer.

ajnotkeith

Another game where he doesn't even warm up from the bench. What a genius Koeman was putting Nico Demir and Balde with the first-team where they get no play time

ajnotkeith

This guy can't do nothing vs RM anyway.

Of course not. He was marked out of the game by Cadiz FB. Why the fuck did the club think he can be a solution at RW? You even see now we are playing a full-back at winger because there was meant to be someone to fill that hole. Absurd to me the club thought Demir is a solution

Have barely started the season and already out of position Gavi and out of position Dest and even out of position Frenkie have been preferred at RW over him (a CM, a RB and a CM/DM). If he can't come off the bench against Dynamo Kyiv in RW when Dembele comes back he may not even make the squad lists. Pointless signing for the first-team and any chance to seriously look at his potential is gone.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans