Yusuf Demir

serghei

Just too slow. That's the deal braker. Anything else would be worth exploring if he wasn't a turtle.

mc_lovin

A bit too much negativity here for my liking. He had some superb scenes and got outmuscled in the rest :p Not every talent can hold their ground this young (like Ansu, Pedri, Gavi, Nico...).

I am really glad he got the chance instead of Coutinho as well.

Am I really the only one here who likes him?

I do as well, but it will be a fairly tough decision whether to buy him or not. He still has a lot of time to make an impact/impression though.

fergus90

I don't mind him, there is a distinct lack of pace and telegraphs a lot of his dribbles. But does have bright moments too.

Problem is, in times of financial difficulty it might be very tough to justify paying the option fee.

Messi983

Sure, he might not make it but deserves a fair chance. What's clear to me is that he deserves to play every minute that Coutinho is supposed to get. Was positively surprised he started yesterday and think he did well all things considered. People would think different about him if that shot would go in.

With Pedri still out for a month and Nico/Gavi not able to play full 90 minutes every three days (or at least they shouldn't if we don't want to burn them out as well) I think Xavi could also give a chance to Demir in midfield. Could be just me but would prefer him there over Puig for sure. But surely next month or so will be important for him to convince Xavi. When we get injured players back (if that will ever happen, lol) and if we'll make new signings in January it will be tougher for Yusuf to get playing time.

BusiTheKing

he should start re-schooling himself as a 10 or hang up his boots.

a winger that slow simply doesn't make sense.

speed isn't just an issue when it's used. anyone who's played football knows that it functions as an essential bargaining piece when taking on a defender. if you're faster than the attacker, he'll be more afraid of the duel because losing means he can't catch you. he'll back up and keep space between you, which works in your favor.

if he knows he can catch you, he won't be afraid of the duel, he'll be in your face, shutting your space down, which makes it a lot harder.

playing as a slow winger in today's football where 95% of fullbacks are rapid is useless. you're out of the game before you begin.

serghei

Sure, he might not make it but deserves a fair chance. What's clear to me is that he deserves to play every minute that Coutinho is supposed to get. Was positively surprised he started yesterday and think he did well all things considered. People would think different about him if that shot would go in.

With Pedri still out for a month and Nico/Gavi not able to play full 90 minutes every three days (or at least they shouldn't if we don't want to burn them out as well) I think Xavi could also give a chance to Demir in midfield. Could be just me but would prefer him there over Puig for sure. But surely next month or so will be important for him to convince Xavi. When we get injured players back (if that will ever happen, lol) and if we'll make new signings in January it will be tougher for Yusuf to get playing time.

And he did start ahead of Coutinho. The Brazilian is a disaster, no matter Xavi's positive discourse how every player counts etc.

JamDav1982

Looked worse in second half when tried to take on Grimaldo every time he got it.. probably told to as he was on a booking.

Hugging touchline and driving at opposition will never be what he is. Only way can play wider is if from there as an AM with freedom to drift inside off the ball.

Need pace on other side or CF to pin teams back for that as him doing it on half way line is useless.

Best he has looked was v Juve when central but wont get that as Barca too stacked in there.

Club wont pay 10m to keep him when so short on funds and need money spent on immediate impact.

Would say he is better mid than wee Riqui but not La Masia and 10m to be paid wont be given up.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans