What do we do if Messi doesn't renew?

Joan

It's all in the title. Let's hear all the plans like in the past when we had those Barca election threads.

This time, the situation's even simpler. You've got a small budget. Enough to afford a doner kebab and a pint of beer after the board meetings. :rockon:

How do you line up? Who do you realistically sell/loan? What about promotions?

Here's the squad:

GK: ter Steven, Neto, Pena
Defenders (trade them all for a Land Rover?): Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza, Garcia; Alba, Firpo, Dest, Emerson, Roberto
Midfielders (no catchy line here, but there's always Puig): Coutinho, FdJ, Pedri, Busquets, Pjanic, Puig, Moriba, Alena
Attackers: Griezmann, Aguero, Fati, Dembele, Depay, Trincao, BRAITHWAITE, Collado

Do the magic :coffee:

Givenchy

We continue the clear out and rebuild.

Nothing much changes in terms of aims: La liga challenge and a Copa, CL last 16 (We aren't winning a CL with or without Messi lets be real)

---------------MaTS
Emerson-Araujo-Garcia-Alba
----------------Busi
---------Frenkie-Pedri
--Griezmann-Ansu-Depay

If we actually had 1 decent CB and a destroyer type DM (think BBZ style) I'd be alot happier though. If Ansu can recover, along with Pedri improving as we've seen these Euro's we can be excited for the future

Before anyone jumps on me, no, I'm not suggesting Griezmann will replace Messi. it won't be pretty

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I was starting to put the players in bold that I wanted to sell/offload. Before I realized it half the team was already gone.

Defenders Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza, Garcia; Alba, Firpo (off to Leeds), Dest, Emerson, Roberto
Midfielders Coutinho, FdJ, Pedri, Busquets, Pjanic, Puig, Moriba, Alena
Attackers: Griezmann, Aguero, Fati, Dembele, Depay, Trincao, BRAITHWAITE, Collado

I gave up at this point. Then you have cases like Griezmann who I would sell if a good offer comes in , Alba etc.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi does not renew the current board will be gone within two years.

Still no money and likely a worse team than currently. Same high expectations because its Barcelona so the expectations will always be there from the fans no matter what some say. Talking mostly about the locals.

The good players in our team will start getting cold feet and likely explore their options if we dont get in some major signings a la Haaland or compete for La Liga and CL titles by 2023.

But this wont matter as Messi will stay :shrug:

Last edited:

Givenchy

I was starting to put the players in bold that I wanted to sell/offload. Before I realized it half the team was already gone.

Defenders Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza, Garcia; Alba, Firpo (off to Leeds), Dest, Emerson, Roberto

I gave up at this point. Then you have cases like Griezmann who I would sell if a good offer comes in , Alba etc.

:lol: its sad but true.

FinBarcelonafan

This is probably what we would do in normal situation. Now we don't have any money to replace any of them and their salaries are insanely high so no one wants them.

Laporta is in impossible spot.

gasgas

Squad
GK: mats, neto, pena,
RB: dest emerson
LB: alba, dest*
CB: araujo, laporte,garcia, lenglet,
DM: Busi, nico gonzalez
CM: pedri, de jong, moriba, camavinga,
FW: aguero, fati, depay, griezmann,, raphinha, collado

JohnN

We move one. Messi moves to another club, unfortunately too late in his career, but still.
So we will be able to watch 1 Barca and 1 Messi match every weekend. Win win.

Home of Barca Fans