User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Thread: Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,844
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

    I'll go first, Thiago... Always hyped as the best midfielder in the world. Never saw it... he lacks the consistency the best have.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Total-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rabat - Morocco
    Posts
    5,752
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashford
    Plays exactly the same way as his debut.. 0 progress along the years..
    kilometers matter ..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,844
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    Rashford
    Plays exactly the same way as his debut.. 0 progress along the years..
    Facts

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough. There were many, but from the hype trains in this forum alone, I would say Javier Pastore and Adrien Rabiot. Both players were insanely hyped here. So many users deemed them as key signings or "missing pieces to the Barca midfield". Both are duds now, I don't even know how Rabiot is still in the France lineup. Pastore now is a Roma reserve and has been irrelevant in the sport for 3-4 years. We have made many bad signings, but I am glad we didn't splash the insane amount of money demanded for these two in their "primes".
    Se Queda

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,775
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Declan Rice

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,775
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    Rashford
    Plays exactly the same way as his debut.. 0 progress along the years..
    To be fair to the lad ... he is carrying an injury ( shoulder I think ) and will have surgery straight after the Euros

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    3,603
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pique

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    3,603
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    Tough. There were many, but from the hype trains in this forum alone, I would say Javier Pastore and Adrien Rabiot. Both players were insanely hyped here. So many users deemed them as key signings or "missing pieces to the Barca midfield". Both are duds now, I don't even know how Rabiot is still in the France lineup. Pastore now is a Roma reserve and has been irrelevant in the sport for 3-4 years. We have made many bad signings, but I am glad we didn't splash the insane amount of money demanded for these two in their "primes".
    You cant talk about overrated midfielders on here without including

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    hardyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In Your <3
    Posts
    3,721
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedri. He has become a starting midfielder of Barca and Spain. I've no idea on what merit. He is slow as fuck, Can't finish easiest of goals, Doesn't have vision to assist, Can't dribble. Can only do side ways passing and keep possession which has become outdated in modern football. I truly believe he is the next Arthur. Gets a pass for his awful performances because he is 18.

  10. #10
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    7,118
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony Martial

    what is all that about

    Pretty sure he was on the cover of Fifa at some point aswell

  11. #11
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    12,556
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Pogba

    Otherwise every winger and striker coming through since 2012. Lots of players without a hint of flair in football these days.
    Some are boring, some are not.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    16,149
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Total-Football View Post
    Rashford
    Plays exactly the same way as his debut.. 0 progress along the years..
    True. One of the most valuable footballers in the world. Yet highly overrated for his achievements.

  13. #13
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La C?te
    Posts
    10,232
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

    Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    16,149
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

    Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)
    Yes, sometimes we all get blinded by fast and strong players without any brain, like Dembele. They can make world class plays but then look like total idiots rest of the time. In the end, football takes brain too.

  15. #15
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele.
    Many say he is very talented with a ball, but I'm yet to see that he plays a game without losing the ball with a bad first touch.
    Last edited by Blaugranaa; 23rd June 2021 at 08:01 AM.