Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

Messigician

I'll go first, Thiago... Always hyped as the best midfielder in the world. Never saw it... he lacks the consistency the best have.

Richard.H

Tough. There were many, but from the hype trains in this forum alone, I would say Javier Pastore and Adrien Rabiot. Both players were insanely hyped here. So many users deemed them as key signings or "missing pieces to the Barca midfield". Both are duds now, I don't even know how Rabiot is still in the France lineup. Pastore now is a Roma reserve and has been irrelevant in the sport for 3-4 years. We have made many bad signings, but I am glad we didn't splash the insane amount of money demanded for these two in their "primes".

Rassvet

Tough. There were many, but from the hype trains in this forum alone, I would say Javier Pastore and Adrien Rabiot. Both players were insanely hyped here. So many users deemed them as key signings or "missing pieces to the Barca midfield". Both are duds now, I don't even know how Rabiot is still in the France lineup. Pastore now is a Roma reserve and has been irrelevant in the sport for 3-4 years. We have made many bad signings, but I am glad we didn't splash the insane amount of money demanded for these two in their "primes".

You cant talk about overrated midfielders on here without including :arthur:

hardyboy

Pedri. He has become a starting midfielder of Barca and Spain. I've no idea on what merit. He is slow as fuck, Can't finish easiest of goals, Doesn't have vision to assist, Can't dribble. Can only do side ways passing and keep possession which has become outdated in modern football. I truly believe he is the next Arthur. Gets a pass for his awful performances because he is 18.

El Gato

Villarato!
Pogba

Otherwise every winger and striker coming through since 2012. Lots of players without a hint of flair in football these days.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)

FinBarcelonafan

Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)

Yes, sometimes we all get blinded by fast and strong players without any brain, like Dembele. They can make world class plays but then look like total idiots rest of the time. In the end, football takes brain too.

Blaugranaa

Dembele.
Many say he is very talented with a ball, but I'm yet to see that he plays a game without losing the ball with a bad first touch.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans