User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,272
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Seems like most in here don't know what "overrated" means. Dembele or Asensio are in flops territory already, as they've been found out and their market value has plummeted + reputation nosedived. They're also not starting for their clubs or country.

    Pedri or Pogba are good examples of "overrated" because they are starters for top clubs + NTs, market value is high and they are still regarded as talented players that interest other top clubs.

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,198
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Seems like most in here don't know what "overrated" means. Dembele or Asensio are in flops territory already, as they've been found out and their market value has plummeted + reputation nosedived. They're also not starting for their clubs or country.

    Pedri or Pogba are good examples of "overrated" because they are starters for top clubs + NTs, market value is high and they are still regarded as talented players that interest other top clubs.
    topic is most overrated player in recent memory. Doesn't mean they have to be currently overrated.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,272
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    topic is most overrated player in recent memory. Doesn't mean they have to be currently overrated.
    i see. that makes sense then.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,671
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    "Best keeper in the world"



    Genuinely one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever seen and statistically one of the worst goalkeepers in Champions League history.

    Absolute trash player.
    Last edited by Devils; 23rd June 2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Puyol #5

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    ronniecro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone touted as "next",like next ibra kuluševski,or next messi halilović

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,007
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniecro View Post
    everyone touted as "next",like next ibra kuluševski,or next messi halilović
    Or Messi next Maradona or Ronaldo next Figo, very overrated players!

    Kulusevski next Zlatan, VERY strange comparison. Next Ljungberg less strange.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    10,183
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    I will say you the future overrated player: Odeegard

  8. #38
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cristiano Ronaldo.

    Fantastic scorer and horribly overrated by many of his fans which are so many and genuinely believe he is/was better than Messi or Pele/Maradona and even the GOAT himself
    Last edited by FC B; 23rd June 2021 at 01:40 PM.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,946
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Morata

    When he was scoring as a sub for Zidane's Real, people mistakenly thought he might be even better than Benzema.
    The amount Chelsea paid for him and his abilities is ridiculous

    2) Pogba.
    He still is.
    He fouls people because he is so classy on the ball, and with his accurate long balls.
    But there are tons of things a midfielder does, which he can't do.
    Can only work when he has a beast like Kante alongside him

    3) Griezman

    He can only work in a ultra-defensive setting like Atleti's and France's, where he can find the right spaces on the counter.
    Frustrating on the ball, and against blocks he is the most useless player out of the "cost(ed) more than 100m" group
    Crazy that the best ability of a no10 can be that he 'gets the rebound' from a GK save
    Annoying how he still has a high idea of himself given his career at Barca
    1992

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,671
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    # 2



    Overrated because that fool Pep Guardiola hypes this Catalan Marc Barta up like he is prime Vidic.

    #3



    The Marc Andre Ter Stegen of midfielders
    Puyol #5

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,958
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post


    "Best keeper in the world"



    Genuinely one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever seen and statistically one of the worst goalkeepers in Champions League history.

    Absolute trash player.
    I hated the most when some posters had an obssession with: xx player is young, we are set for the next 10-15 years.

    Also, I hate the need to turn any Barca's kid/hot prospect into a category: the best or top3-5 players in his position.

    For example:
    Mats, for some time rated as the bext Gk in the world, better than Neuer.
    Semedo, nicknamed Nelsinho, was called as one of the best RBs in the world when we signed him.
    Frenkie, the best midfielder in the world.
    Arthur, the 2nd best midfielder in the world.
    Frenkie-Arthur, best future midfield in the world.
    Golden midfield trio: Alena, Puig, Baby Busquets Oriol. We are set for the next 10 years. We don't need to buy new midfielders because we will hinder a development of this magical, out of this world, midfield trio.
    Bartra, the next Bartresi, the future president of Barcelona. (Seriously, wtf? How could he be a leader or a president? A guy cried in the halftime vs Bayern in 2013 and begged a coach not to put him into a play. But hey, he is young and from La Masia, so he could surely be a new Baresi, a captain and a president).

    All in all, majority of users who are here for 5-8 years have toned down their naivety and enthusiasm about La Masia players.
    And only a few guys are still living in delusions.

    A few years ago, it was unbereable and almost impossible to question mighty talents like dumb Halilovic, scared and weak Bartra, dumb Adama, meh and scared Samper, meh Sandro/Munir/Dongou, without getting 100 insults like: you are an idiot/are you a Barca fan/you don't know anything about football.

    2-3-5 years ago, majority were still on:
    1. La Masia is golden
    2. Barca DNA beats everything
    3. There is nothing wrong with short/weak/sterile technical choirboys

    So, congrats to a majority of posters, Barcaforum is way more realistic place than 8, 5 or 3 years ago.
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 23rd June 2021 at 02:35 PM.

  12. #42
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La C?te
    Posts
    10,227
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then there are the players who simply are unlucky and are chronically injured, like a Dembele or even Cuenca back in the day
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  13. #43
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,438
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    1) Morata

    When he was scoring as a sub for Zidane's Real, people mistakenly thought he might be even better than Benzema.
    The amount Chelsea paid for him and his abilities is ridiculous

    2) Pogba.
    He still is.
    He fouls people because he is so classy on the ball, and with his accurate long balls.
    But there are tons of things a midfielder does, which he can't do.
    Can only work when he has a beast like Kante alongside him

    3) Griezman

    He can only work in a ultra-defensive setting like Atleti's and France's, where he can find the right spaces on the counter.
    Frustrating on the ball, and against blocks he is the most useless player out of the "cost(ed) more than 100m" group
    Crazy that the best ability of a no10 can be that he 'gets the rebound' from a GK save
    Annoying how he still has a high idea of himself given his career at Barca

    I actually thought Morata was the real deal back then, cause he was still young, and he was very effective with his goalscoring that season, while Benzema was having a bad time in front of goal.

    Turns out we fleeced Chelsea when we sold him, they got back at us with Hazard though....

  14. #44
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,115
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martial.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    10,183
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Leroy Sane. Played outstanding in Peps first season but since then he has declined a lot.