Valencian Community,
Spain
(Capacity: 25,000)
Chairman Fernando Roig Alfonso
Manager Manuel Pellegrini
League La Liga
2007-08 La Liga, 2nd

Latest News

Villareal continue their good form this season after finishing in second place last season. They are currently the only team in La Liga that has'nt faced a defeat yet, but even though he still stay in 2nd place after FC Barcelona who has won more matches.
Villareal will be a real rival for the title this season, as all their key players are on top form namely Giuseppe Rossi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Villareal CF

Who would have thought few years ago that Villarreal will rise to become one of the powerhouses of La Liga. It`s been 9 years since they got promoted from Segunda and they already managed to finish 3rd and 2nd in La Liga and reached semi-finals of both Uefa Cup and Champions League.
And their coach, Pellegrini, is one of the best managers out there

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Kind of the team to watch out this season, they will also cause us more threat then Real, let's not also forget how last season they ripped 6 points off of us! :?
Thier match against us come December will be a very important one.

Evil

Shabazz

They are still the only undefeated team, that's really hard to do, we're first but we lost to Numancia :?

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Against Numancia we were very unlucky, we should have at least got one point but that wasn't the case, however villareal's luck will change when we face them! :twisted:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

This could be the surprise of the round. Guy I know predicted Valladolid win but I thought little of it.

Anyway... Good for us!

maz

I walk the line
Thats brilliant. Its a great credit to pellegrini and all the work he has done there. They have been EXTREMELY astute in the transfer market, signing the likes of cani, pires, diego lopez, rossi, mattigol, ibagaza, capdevila, llorente...i mean really the combined price for those players must be under 40mil. Infact, ill work it out based on wiki figures:

cani: 11mil
pires: free
diego lopez: 6mil
rossi: 10mil
mattigol: 9mil
ibagaza: 1.5mil
capdevila: 5mil
llorente: undisclosed

which comes to around 45mil.

And when u consider they have brought through carzola, convinced senna to stay...they really are a formidable team.

However, having said that, i dont see the logic in putting them above madrid. Because they have never finished above them in the league, didnt get past the CL group stages in 06/07 and didnt even qualify in 07/08. Ok they had a great semi final, but (and i cant believe im saying this) madrid's domestic success should be worth alot.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
They are one of the strongest teams out there on a good day, however they have dissapointed me very much crashing out of Copa del rey against Ejido (losing 5-0 first leg), i hope they can mount a challenge for 2nd this year like last.

Home of Barca Fans