2021 Preseason

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agree, I think it will be a good final test ahead of the Gamper & upcoming season - despite not having key players still in the squad

Horatio

You're welcome
Guys don't forget: Not only do we have this game tomorrow but later on there is the superclasico!

Porque

Neto, Dest, Araujo, Lenglet, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Nico, De Jong, Gavi, Griezmann y Memphis.

De Jong as libero and return of the 352? Or Gavi in the front trio?

Bobo32

Neto, Dest, Araujo, Lenglet, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Nico, De Jong, Gavi, Griezmann y Memphis.

De Jong as libero and return of the 352? Or Gavi in the front trio?

Yeah who knows... Thought they were going to play 4-3-3 from now on...
I like all players but Depay and Griezmann, but I still think it could be a bit much to play both Busquets and Nico at the same time, and then a back 5 behind them on top of that?

Gavi is a very nice player, but not one to take risks at least so far, I see almost 10 defensively weighed players in that lineup...

Bobo32

Maybe Nico will take more of a b2b role - would be interesting to see how Busquets could find him then, and what Nico could do with the ball from there. Same with Gavi, I can see Busquets finding him very nicely, I like his positioning very much.

To be honest, I don't really enjoy Dest, Lenglet or Araujo very much...

Porque

Maybe Nico will take more of a b2b role - would be interesting to see how Busquets could find him then, and what Nico could do with the ball from there. Same with Gavi, I can see Busquets finding him very nicely, I like his positioning very much.

To be honest, I don't really enjoy Dest, Lenglet or Araujo very much...

I think Koeman is seeing what Gavi and Nico offer in advanced positions. Makes sense in Nico case with Ilaix not being involved anymore. In terms of Gavi, I think Koeman just likes him and wants to try him somewhere else in the pitch before moving him back to midfield with substitutions.

Bobo32

I think Koeman is seeing what Gavi and Nico offer in advanced positions. Makes sense in Nico case with Ilaix not being involved anymore. In terms of Gavi, I think Koeman just likes him and wants to try him somewhere else in the pitch before moving him back to midfield with substitutions.

Yeah, before I watched the highlights from the previous game I thought Nico might be of more use in that interior position.
Schreuder will be interviewed on BarcaTV before the game, maybe he'll tell the formation. Could be a 4-4-2 diamond too, with Gavi as a #10...

Gari

Bar?a bench: I?aki Pe?a, Arnau Tenas, Piqu?, Pjanić, Braithwaite, Riqui Puig, Arnau Comas, Demir, Rey Manaj, S. Roberto, Balde and Umtiti.

Bobo32

Schreuder just said that they want to control the centre of the pitch and thus chose to play with four midfielders - as the full backs also can attack high... I think based on that that a 4-4-2 diamond is indeed what we will see?

I hope to see Puig again of course, but also Comas and Balde should hopefully get some minutes again, and Manaj and Demir could switch with the two up top.

Home of Barca Fans