2021 Preseason

Messi983

We'll start a preseason on July 12th with most players not being on NT duty (who will have prolonged holidays) doing their usual preseason medicals two days before the first training session.

No official confirmation yet but it looks we'll play against Juve in the Joan Gamper Cup. We're also close to agree a friendly against Man City and there is talk we'll make part of preseason in Germany (so I assume we'll play against some BL teams as well).

There were also rumours a few days ago we'll play our first friendly against Villarreal in Israel but again nothing confirmed yet.

Messi983

Still no official confirmation but dates about preseason games are emerging.

Bar?a will play a pre-season friendly game against Villarreal on 4th August, in Tel Aviv. [rac1]

[@FCBRAC1| There will be a friendly match in the summer on August 19 between Barcelona and Manchester City at the Camp Nou.

La Liga 2021/22 will start on the weekend of 14/15th August so that City game will be played after 1st Round.

TheStig

List of some Bar?a preseason games:

• Airplane Stuttgart (Germany)
• Airplane Villarreal (Tel Aviv)
• �� Juventus (Joan Gamper)
• �� Man City (When LaLiga Starts)

Information source Two games near Barcelona are also planned for the first weeks of 'work'.

Any info when the match in Stuttgart should be?

Messi983

First two friendlies officially confirmed...

JTLKNWcg

We'll also play a game in Tel Aviv against Beitar Jerusalem (a team coached by Erwin Koeman) instead of Villarreal as first planned on August 4th.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Good with two warmup games. We'll be without many of our main players then so B-players will get their chances.

Neto, Pique, Roberto, Umtiti, Firpo, Pjanic, Puig, Coutinho, Matheus and Trincao are the only available first teamers. Question marks on Roberto and Coutinho of course.

Messi983

Bar?a will be in the town of Donaueschingen, Germany between July 28 to August 3rd where they will play a friendly against Stuttgart. The team will stay at the Der ?schberghof Hotel [as]

Messi983

The FC Barcelona players are back at the Ciutat Esportiva this weekend. Saturday brings the first medicals, including PCR and serological tests, while on Sunday there were will be a series of medical and physical checks.

Ter Stegen, Dest, Piqu?, Pjanić, Demb?l?, Riqui Puig, Neto, Coutinho, Sergi Roberto, Ansu Fati and Umtiti are the players involved in this first stage, while nine more from Bar?a B will be helping to make up the numbers and gaining important first team experience: Monchu, Ilias, Gavi, Comas, Ramos Mingo, Nico, Arnau Tenas, ?lex Collado and I?aki Pe?a.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/2186101/202122-preseason-starts-on-saturday

Monchu is back with the team apparently. I thought his contract expired when Girona didn't use their buy clause after not getting promoted. We must have used our option to extend his contract at some time which wasn't reported or there is an error on the official site.

Also, Alena is not mentioned so his transfer to Getafe will probably be official between today and tomorrow.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

The FC Barcelona players are back at the Ciutat Esportiva this weekend. Saturday brings the first medicals, including PCR and serological tests, while on Sunday there were will be a series of medical and physical checks.

Ter Stegen, Dest, Piqu?, Pjanić, Demb?l?, Riqui Puig, Neto, Coutinho, Sergi Roberto, Ansu Fati and Umtiti are the players involved in this first stage, while nine more from Bar?a B will be helping to make up the numbers and gaining important first team experience: Monchu, Ilias, Gavi, Comas, Ramos Mingo, Nico, Arnau Tenas, ?lex Collado and I?aki Pe?a.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/2186101/202122-preseason-starts-on-saturday

Monchu is back with the team apparently. I thought his contract expired when Girona didn't use their buy clause after not getting promoted. We must have used our option to extend his contract at some time which wasn't reported or there is an error on the official site.

Also, Alena is not mentioned so his transfer to Getafe will probably be official between today and tomorrow.

Nice detective work there!

khaled_a_d

Monchu is joining Granada this week

Home of Barca Fans