2021 Preseason

JamDav1982

Busi can still pass it when in space but watching him try to move and defend properly is as bad an eye sore as ever.

When ball is tight he keeps initiating contact to try and roll player or win foul as scared on getting caught on ball due to lack of movement. Slows it down when Busi/Xavi at their best wriggle out of that and use it to Barcas advantage to start attack in space left by men committed.

His legs are not there at all.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi when he has to carry our shit defence again this season(hopefully with help from Memphis and Ansu)

ab67616d0000b273950359444321d635b59838b3

Bobo32

I like Nico more than I thought I would. Looks decent and composed. Same for Gavi.

He should've been back to take the ball from the scorer, but it's easy to magnify this since it was a goal.
I think Gavi was a bit sloppy sometimes, but he has some good intentions and some good quality. I expected a bit more from him today, and I think play will instantly improve when/if Puig arrives this game.

mc_lovin

It's the opposite for me. 3ATB covers the disaster that Lenglet is.

He gets pushed wide there (like it' supposed) and gets more 1v1's with wingers... not sure how 3ATB favors him there. Just because we have more CB's on paper doesn't mean they have to cover less space. Quite the opposite.

Bobo32

for a RCB in a back three, yes. His passing is alright for a cb in a back four. Another mistake by Koeman

Yeah maybe. I always thought the flank defenders should be under even more demand to be good with the ball, most buildups end with them having to make the decisive ball to get out of the press and enter the next phase. Araujo has made many mistakes, but his timing and decisions is just very bad overall too, he plays to the right when he should play to the left etc.
Lenglet has had a couple of VERY nice passes this half to be fair.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He gets pushed wide there (like it' supposed) and gets more 1v1's with wingers... not sure how 3ATB favors him there. Just because we have more CB's on paper doesn't mean they have to cover less space. Quite the opposite.

Because when a mistake happens (which is bound to happen with him) it isn't as bad seeing as they are happening out wide. But when he is centrally a mistake from him is usually a pen or a striker being through.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Give it to Bobo to hype up shit players and excessively criticize the good ones

Home of Barca Fans