2021 Preseason

Messi983

Not a good start to the preseason. Let's hope they'll be the only ones.

Monchu is joining Granada this week

Yeah, I've seen that. It should be a good team for Monchu and I think he could get some regular La Liga minutes there.

According to reports he'll go for free but Barca will keep % of future sale and buy-back option.

Andresito

Staff member
Thought I read that the team will be vaccinated. But maybe it wasn't regarding Barca but rather Spain NT or something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why aren't they vaccinated? Insane.

Ilias is also only 17 and I don't think they offer vaccines to people under 18.

As for Mingo then I suppose people in his age group are still lagging behind in his home town/province/council or wherever he is registered.

Messi983

E6FV2ZGX0AM9QmZ

E6FV1hEXoAEDrSn

E6FV3QrWUAAHK1Q

E6FV4AmWUAMfqoY

Messi983

Nico and Collado are imo Barca B players with best chances to have first team minutes. For Collado is probably a make or break preseason. If he'll convince Koeman he'll stay if not he'll go on loan or be sold with a buy-back. Don't see him starting another season with Barca B. Nico will play regularly for Barca B and be called up to first team when needed. But with FDJ, Busi and especially Pedri being away on NT duty and having prolonged holidays there will be an open competition for at least one spot on the bench at the start of the season for younger midfielders. Especially as long as Ilaix's future is uncertain.

Also interested how Gavi will do. He's probably the most talented among all but will only turn 17 next month so we shouldn't rush him. He should first establish himself at Barca B before getting a serious look in the first team.

Ramos Mingo could also be someone who Koeman will look at seriously but he has tested positive for Covid so will miss first 10 days of trainings and probably first two preseason games as well. Anyway, if we'll hopefully somehow manage to offload Umtiti we'd still have 5 CBs in first team but only Lenglet is left footed. So if Koeman will want another leftie there could be a chance for Ramos Mingo as well. Don't expect him to get any serious minutes though unless we'll again have injury problems at the position.

And then I'll also focus on Barca B new signings Yusuf Demir, Kays Ruiz and possibly Jordi Escobar who are all training with the first team today alongside Alejandro Balde.

Messi983

Barcelona will play Stuttgart on July 31st at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Stuttgart, in the third friendly of Bar?a's preseason #fcblive [efe, sport]

Messi983

For Collado is probably a make or break preseason. If he'll convince Koeman he'll stay if not he'll go on loan or be sold with a buy-back. Don't see him starting another season with Barca B.

[MD]There is no going back to Bar?a B for I?aki Pe?a and ?lex Collado; either they stay under the orders of Ronald Koeman in the first team this season or they will go out on loan or a transfer

Home of Barca Fans