Degree of difficulty: La Liga, Champions League or Premiership.

Mateka

Listening to BBC Talk Sport today. One of the hosts stated to win the English Premiership is harder than
Champions League. He went on to say that Chelsea who deserved to win the CL struggled at the end of the season to make the top four in the EPL.
I wondered concerning La Liga.
My question is this:
Which is the most difficult to win? CL, LL or EPL?

Last edited:

Givenchy

I'd still say CL but in a few more years the EPL may actually see midtable teams with better squads than most of the teams in the CL

Bobo32

CL is at the same time the hardest and the easiest - it's highest variance, fewest games, hardest opposition.
LL and PL are about the same difficulty I say, there are differences and some things fluctuates but all in all pretty similar strength.
Winning a league is always more telling than winning a cup.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know why they would compare winning a league which is a testament to the overall quality, strength and consistency of a team vs. winning a tournament like the CL where things like luck and moments of brilliance weigh much heavier.

A silly comparison in my opinion.

Bobo32

I don't know why they would compare winning a league which is a testament to the overall quality, strength and consistency of a team vs. winning a tournament like the CL where things like luck and moments of brilliance weigh much heavier.

Yeah typical english hubris it looks like - a few full-english finals and rising up to first spot in the rankings after Spain had been there forever, and suddenly PL is of better quality than CL?
At the same time their runner up just lost to a Villarreal who couldn't even qualify for Europe from Spain this year...

Birdy

Yep, you can never compare a cup with a league. Invalid from the start.

But between LL and EPL it's easy: EPL is a million times harder than LaLiga these days

FinBarcelonafan

Well said. This is the answer.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

La liga isnt hard at the moment, we are just weak. A normal barca would be enough to win the ligue easily. Koeman/Setien were below average, give us Valverde and we win the ligue.

Bobo32

This particular league would've been pretty easily won, 87p IIRC
Other seasons was won with well over 90p, and the middle and bottom teams seem to do well in Europe at the same time.

ebc_99

The quality between La Liga and the Premier League is pretty even throughout, just that right now the top teams in England are better than the top teams in Spain. I don't think the teams outside the 4 or 5 in England are better than those in Spain, if anything I would give the slight advantage to La Liga.

Porque

Clearly hardest to win the Europa League.

The mid table Spanish sides are better than the top English sides, who are better than the top Spanish sides, who are better than the mid table Spanish sides.

JamDav1982

The quality between La Liga and the Premier League is pretty even throughout, just that right now the top teams in England are better than the top teams in Spain. I don't think the teams outside the 4 or 5 in England are better than those in Spain, if anything I would give the slight advantage to La Liga.

It isnt even.

If anything that gap outside top 4/5 is where it is at its biggest

There are far better teams and players in mid table of EPL than in Spain.

Home of Barca Fans