User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Degree of difficulty: La Liga, Champions League or Premiership.

  1. #16
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Harder for who?
    Its obviously harder for the Spanish teams to win the EPL than the CL.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,058
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both difficult in their own way. The Champions League of course comes down to fine margins in decisive moments sometimes, and perhaps the strongest team on paper may not win because of one off-night.

    That being said, to win a league you usually have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions too throughout a season. I undoubtedly think that winning the Champions League means more in Italy and Spain than it does in England. I don't necessarily think that's down to difficulty though, it's just the differences in culture. I think if you asked every team in England what trophy they want first and foremost, they would pick the league. Of course if you win it year after year, the victory gets less sweet and fans crave the trophy that's missing from the cabinet.

    Although the CL is a cup, the winner still needs to navigate 13 games, so obviously it does take more than sheer luck to get the trophy. For me personally though, I tend to see the best team in Europe at that particular time, as the team that wins their domestic League and CL really.

    I do think in the modern era though, too much rides on the CL for a season to be considered successful, even a domestic double seems to get swept under the carpet if the CL exit happens in an ugly manner.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    10,183
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Clearly hardest to win the Europa League.

    The mid table Spanish sides are better than the top English sides, who are better than the top Spanish sides, who are better than the mid table Spanish sides.
    Genius comment

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,210
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    The mid table Spanish sides are better than the top English sides, who are better than the top Spanish sides, who are better than the mid table Spanish sides.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    5,272
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    Although the CL is a cup, the winner still needs to navigate 13 games, so obviously it does take more than sheer luck to get the trophy. For me personally though, I tend to see the best team in Europe at that particular time, as the team that wins their domestic League and CL really.
    for the likes of chelsea, city, barcelona, real etc its actually 6 games to get to the final. groups are redundant.

    also, much is being said about the teams outside top 4 or 6 in england being good, but that is not backed up by anything when it comes to european competitions. don't even know if everton or west ham give a fuck about europa league.
    Last edited by malvolio; 2nd June 2021 at 02:56 PM.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    9,525
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask City

  7. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,956
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    The quality between La Liga and the Premier League is pretty even throughout, just that right now the top teams in England are better than the top teams in Spain. I don't think the teams outside the 4 or 5 in England are better than those in Spain, if anything I would give the slight advantage to La Liga.
    Hell no , the top difference is in the middle and bottom. Aston Villa and Everton are spending 100M each season. Even Bayern is spending that much .

    Aston Villa Just beat Chelsea and Chelsea made Atletico and Real look like Huesca

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    ebc_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lislea, Ireland
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingfan2000 View Post
    Hell no , the top difference is in the middle and bottom. Aston Villa and Everton are spending 100M each season. Even Bayern is spending that much .

    Aston Villa Just beat Chelsea and Chelsea made Atletico and Real look like Huesca
    Who cares how much money Everton & Villa Spend, spending money doesn't make you a good team if you are wasting it, look at Barca, the more money we spend the worse we get. Spanish clubs don't have the money but they are far more resourceful. I would say the likes of Celta Vigo, Athletic Club & Granada are better than Everton, Villa & Newcastle.

    So what if Villa beat Chelsea, Granada beat Barca, that's what happens in league football, it doesn't prove anything about the strength of the league.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3,007
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruyff said: I never saw a bag of gold score a goal

    But with time the extreme economic difference will make a difference, and England are much closer or even moving ahead lately, not least because of all the coaches from abroad, I reckon.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

  10. #25
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premier League vs CL
    Man City - Man City
    Chelsea - Chelsea
    Man United - Man United
    Liverpool - Liverpool
    Leicester - Bayern
    Spurs - Real
    West Ham - Barca
    Arsenal - PSG
    Leeds - Dortmund
    Everton - Atletico
    Villa - Leipzig


    ... Think it's obvious that the CL is better

    Wait until Newcastle get Saudi owners though, and a few other PL teams start financially doping.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,438
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, luck plays more of a part in cups than in the league, but the statistics are clear, CL is the most difficult to win, by some distance.

  12. #27
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Liga lost so much quality over the last 5 years and is on par with Serie A anymore.

    Probably easiest to win among them.

  13. #28
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,587
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1993Kaan1993 View Post
    La Liga lost so much quality over the last 5 years and is on par with Serie A anymore.

    Probably easiest to win among them.
    Lol

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Mateka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,295
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Sure, luck plays more of a part in cups than in the league, but the statistics are clear, CL is the most difficult to win, by some distance.
    Paul Merson ‘Of course, the Premier League is bigger than the Champions League. Much bigger! I'd rather win the Premier League, every day of the week. In the group stage you only have to win three games and draw one.

    "Real Madrid? They're not the team they used to be. As a professional footballer, over the grind of a season, for me winning the league over a 38-game season is the ultimate.

    You can lose around a third of your games in the Champions League and still win it." 3/3/20 SKY

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Mateka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,295
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stb_1 View Post
    Premier League vs CL
    Man City - Man City
    Chelsea - Chelsea
    Man United - Man United
    Liverpool - Liverpool
    Leicester - Bayern
    Spurs - Real
    West Ham - Barca
    Arsenal - PSG
    Leeds - Dortmund
    Everton - Atletico
    Villa - Leipzig


    ... Think it's obvious that the CL is better

    Wait until Newcastle get Saudi owners though, and a few other PL teams start financially doping.
    But you play every EPL team twice, without exception. You do not play every team you have listed twice.

Tags for this Thread