Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

Sign Donnarumma or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weloveyuner

The extension in October was such a mistake. He would be on his last year right now if it weren't for that.

EDIT: It says Ter Stegen earns 8.5 million per year. So, Donnarumma would cost much more.

Last edited:

raki

He is injured, and his knees might cause him problems in the long run.
Any new Oblak in Portuguese league?

The only young keeper with world classe potencial is Diogo Costa. I believe that Temas or Pena have similar potential.

JohnN

No. Just sell MATS, make some money, play the second keeper and we are good to go.
It's not like Steagen is good or anything anymore and it's not like we will be competing for any big titles.

Mateka

Donnarumma is expected to sign a five-year deal with PSG at €60 million, according to a Monday night report by Italian calciomercato expert Gianluca di Marzio. The deal would put Donnarumma on a €1 million monthly salary until 2026, making him one of the highest-paid goalkeepers in the soccer world. Forbes

malvolio

No. Just sell MATS, make some money, play the second keeper and we are good to go.
It's not like Steagen is good or anything anymore and it's not like we will be competing for any big titles.

Yeah mate let's sell the whole team and just play Bar?a B. It's not like we'll be competing for any big titles, right?

weloveyuner

Donnarumma is expected to sign a five-year deal with PSG at €60 million, according to a Monday night report by Italian calciomercato expert Gianluca di Marzio. The deal would put Donnarumma on a €1 million monthly salary until 2026, making him one of the highest-paid goalkeepers in the soccer world. Forbes

If true, that makes it 12 million per season. Unbelievable! And that's just this contract. If he gets an extension down the road, rest assured he will get a pay increase.

akaranzo

No, completely unnecessary as we have a great GK already in MaTS and the main reason Donnarumma is leaving Milan is because of his outrageous wage demands. Easy pass.

khaled_a_d

Won't deny it, I am a bit bitter we didn't get him.
He is a but sloppy when he has to go out of gaol and is suspect with ball on his feet, but his goalkeeper ability is just world class

Bobo32

The thing with the feet usually has a lot to do with better buildup and indirect stuff, but with Donnarumma yesterday his poor feet lead to direct spanish opportunities what 4 times?
With that game he had yesterday, still there were posters praising him, I couldn't believe my eyes.
At least he dove when Morata easily converted the 1on1...

Porque

Ter Stegen with good feet also does those type of clearances- and worse. His shot stopping parallels a young Courtois where he reaches balls few other goalkeepers can thanks to a mixture of length and incredible reflexes.

I don't think we will miss him because of the off field drama that are present with his agent, something that only a club like PSG could manage long term, but a level above what we have. And two levels above Stegen's past season form and injury problems.

Bobo32

Ter Stegen with good feet also does those type of clearances- and worse. His shot stopping parallels a young Courtois where he reaches balls few other goalkeepers can thanks to a mixture of length and incredible reflexes.

I don't think we will miss him because of the off field drama that are present with his agent, something that only a club like PSG could manage long term, but a level above what we have. And two levels above Stegen's past season form and injury problems.

Difference is ter Stegen plays with high risk in order to secure that Barcelona can progress the ball safely with control, rendering opponents press useless most of the time. Sometimes there is mistakes, that the team is willing to take in order to have an 11th player to circulate the ball, and start attacks in a great way when the opponents dare to press.
Donnarumma plays without any timing and is just trying to get the ball far away from his goal without any risk - still he got the ball to spanish feet ready to shoot multiple times in one game, I don't think Stegen ever did, playing with 500% higher risk.

He is lengthy and dives, but he made it easy for Morata and he also left a rebound in a bad way and surely made more mistakes that I don't remember now.
If yesterdays game is one where his fans thinks he is worthy of praise it's a good argument against him!

Home of Barca Fans