User Tag List

View Poll Results: Sign Donnarumma or not?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 57.81%
  • No

    27 42.19%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,404
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

    The Donnarumma to Barcelona rumors have been heating up lately with Di Marzio going as far as saying Barca are favorites and could sign him regardless of what happens with ter Stegen.

    Should we really sign him though? He won't be cheap with him wanting big wages and Raiola also wanting his commission on top of it, but he is what Barca seem to be hunting this summer with barely any transfer funds: a market opportunity

    Now this could obviously just be a ploy by The Fat Rat to put pressure on Juve to sell Szczesny, but who knows really?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    The Donnarumma to Barcelona rumors have been heating up lately with Di Marzio going as far as saying Barca are favorites and could sign him regardless of what happens with ter Stegen.

    Should we really sign him though? He won't be cheap with him wanting big wages and Raiola also wanting his commission on top of it, but he is what Barca seem to be hunting this summer with barely any transfer funds: a market opportunity

    Now this could obviously just be a ploy by The Fat Rat to put pressure on Juve to sell Szczesny, but who knows really?
    -Why there is no poll?
    -When/where did Di Marzio said that?


    Regarding Donna,I haven't followed him for sometime and I can't say definitelyif I want him as no1 here, but I think he won't be that expensive since Juve our biggest competition, they aren't known for big overpay, at least by Barca standards
    That being said, I love the rumours, at very keast it put pressure on Stegan, he is no more untouchable and he need to realise that his power within the club is now limited, his performance of last year should not be tolerated again.
    That is way better than Pena as MATS back up, that we gave been hearing for months.

  3. #3
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,404
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    -Why there is no poll?
    -When/where did Di Marzio said that?


    Regarding Donna,I haven't followed him for sometime and I can't say definitelyif I want him as no1 here, but I think he won't be that expensive since Juve our biggest competition, they aren't known for big overpay, at least by Barca standards
    That being said, I love the rumours, at very keast it put pressure on Stegan, he is no more untouchable and he need to realise that his power within the club is now limited, his performance of last year should not be tolerated again.
    That is way better than Pena as MATS back up, that we gave been hearing for months.
    There is a poll bro, already votes on it. Try refreshing and see if it loads up.

    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/barc...mma-the-latest

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    There is a poll bro, already votes on it. Try refreshing and see if it loads up.

    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/barc...mma-the-latest
    Yeah, working now

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,824
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted no

    In a normal year? Maybe he'd offer competition to MaTS, which, judging by his recent performances, can only be a good thing. We are cash strapped however and this transfer isn't exactly a 'free' when you consider Raiola wanting his cut, sign on fees and wages. we need to sort the CBs before we even think of buying another GK.. when you have Dumb and Dumber pairing at CB, even prime Neuer would look like a clown if he was part of this defense.

    Shift some players and go for De Ligt. if MaTS continues to fuck up with an improved defense, then we can talk about a new GK.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Shift some players and go for De Ligt.
    It isn't happening, he is integral part of Juve rebuild and they think of him as future captain.
    He is the new T.Silva, we will be forever linked to him just because media knows he is a name that generates clicks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    21,467
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Voted no

    In a normal year? Maybe he'd offer competition to MaTS, which, judging by his recent performances, can only be a good thing. We are cash strapped however and this transfer isn't exactly a 'free' when you consider Raiola wanting his cut, sign on fees and wages. we need to sort the CBs before we even think of buying another GK.. when you have Dumb and Dumber pairing at CB, even prime Neuer would look like a clown if he was part of this defense.

    Shift some players and go for De Ligt. if MaTS continues to fuck up with an improved defense, then we can talk about a new GK.
    I assume we would sign Donna and then sell Steigem.

  8. #8
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,404
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    de Ligt might happen, but it won't be this year. If Juventus still go nowhere next season and Barca start building a proper project he might jump ship. I doubt he's as committed to Juventus as Thiago Silva was to PSG.

    Heck might even use ter Stegen or this guy as trade bait for him in 2022

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    de Ligt might happen, but it won't be this year. If Juventus still go nowhere next season and Barca start building a proper project he might jump ship. I doubt he's as committed to Juventus as Thiago Silva was to PSG.

    Heck might even use ter Stegen or this guy as trade bait for him in 2022
    Juve will at least be league contender and CL pretender next year.
    Proper coach, and tge only team with an actually bettee squad is inter, who just lost thwir coach and need to sell.

    They will look good enough for him to get his new contract and enjoy stability there

  10. #10
    Member
    weloveyuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we can afford it, absolutely! However, knowing Raiola is his agent...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,788
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would we convince Gigi? He's young and has played almost 300 senior games.

    Players must feel wanted when signed, it doesn't work by saying "we're signing you to compete with our main GK". Not with Donnarumma's status.

    We have to see him as our main GK, but that means we need a plan for what to do with ter Stegen. He doesn't have many suitors. Maybe PSG but I don't think he'll want to go.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,174
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too expensive. Signing on fee will be like a transfer fee.

    Wages will be like a striker.

    Would only make sense if we sold Stegen for Kepa or Alison money.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Too expensive. Signing on fee will be like a transfer fee.

    Wages will be like a striker.
    It is already said we put same offer as Juve, who aren't known for overpayment.
    Agent cut is standard in any transfer btw, not just free.
    People only think he will be expensive because Raiola, but people are forgetting MATS is one of the best paid GK in the world.
    If someone like Donna is available in next few years, he will be worth 70M+ easily,
    Tgere is very little chance he isn't a bargain deal.

    Raiola isn't the only PIA agent out there, he is just the one that has celebrity status.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    How would we convince Gigi? He's young and has played almost 300 senior games.

    Players must feel wanted when signed, it doesn't work by saying "we're signing you to compete with our main GK". Not with Donnarumma's status.
    If you are him, you know starting GK is out injured during preseason and possibly start of the season, he is 29 years old GK with bad knees and out of form, it is easy to see the chance to be starting GK in such situation.

    Also, he has only 1 other option, Juve who has similar situation with GK

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,174
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    It is already said we put same offer as Juve, who aren't known for overpayment.
    Agent cut is standard in any transfer btw, not just free.
    People only think he will be expensive because Raiola, but people are forgetting MATS is one of the best paid GK in the world.
    If someone like Donna is available in next few years, he will be worth 70M+ easily,
    Tgere is very little chance he isn't a bargain deal.

    Raiola isn't the only PIA agent out there, he is just the one that has celebrity status.
    Usually when there is a transfer fee the agent commission is inclusive of the transfer fee. Well it seems Raiola with Haaland is trying to take his fee on top of next years buyout clause, and Neymar's daddy done this too with the Santos deal. But generally this is how it works with transfer fees- above the table.

    Someone like Mino just totally breaks the system and makes his fee's act like unofficial third party ownerships.

    Juve offer is reportedly 10m net wages, 20m to Mino and 3m to Donnarumma father. That is alot of money for us. And alot of salary cap if Stegen is not leaving. If we are selling Stegen for 50m+ then of course it makes financial sense.

    By comparison Milan are signing Maignan from Lille for 13m reportedly + 2m in bonus fees. So less than what Donnarumma will cost on a free transfer. Not making it a Donnarumma versus Maignan thing, just showing that a decent player transfer (1 year left on contract ofc) can be less than an expired Mino client.

    If Mino had Maignan he would probably cost 15m this year, and 15m next year despite being expired. Obviously that is not how things should work.

    To conclude, Raiola and his fee's are the exception not the norm, and should be ignored unless absolutely necessary. Like when getting a talent like Haaland (or Neymar before for us). Not Donarumma (again unless we had planned to sell Stegen for big money and had interested clubs and offers on the table- which we don't).
    Last edited by Porque; 29th May 2021 at 11:42 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    14,980
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Juve offer is reportedly 10m net wages, 20m to Mino and 3m to Donnarumma father. That is alot of money for us. And alot of salary cap if Stegen is not leaving. If we are selling Stegen for 50m+ then of course it makes financial sense.
    Reported by whom?
    I mean Raiola reportedly wanted 20 or 40 million for himself in Halaand deal, and he himself laughed on that offer.
    Player's salary is usually very confidential, and there is a lot of media bs in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Usually when there is a transfer fee the agent commission is inclusive of the transfer fee. Well it seems Raiola with Haaland is trying to take his fee on top of next years buyout clause, and Neymar's daddy done this too with the Santos deal. But generally this is how it works with transfer fees- above the table.

    Someone like Mino just totally breaks the system and makes his fee's act like unofficial third party ownerships.
    That isn't very accurate and a bit outdated.
    Agent fees have been negotiated separately for almost a decade now, in almost every big transfer. Neymar, Bale, Raiola's agent and even Mendes clients at times.
    Years ago it was 5% paid from the selling club, that isn't happening for a high profile player and agent anymore and surely not for a free player.
    And even when it is no transfer, players and agents will get paid a lot during renewal, even our own MATS did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    To conclude, Raiola and his fee's are the exception not the norm, and should be ignored unless absolutely necessary. Like when getting a talent like Haaland (or Neymar before for us). Not Donarumma (again unless we had planned to sell Stegen for big money and had interested clubs and offers on the table- which we don't).
    This is all based on some "reports" about agent fees, that basically says than Donna at worst will get MATS wages and will cost 23M as a transfer? Honestly that doesn't sound that bad.
    And I highly doubt MATS is going to stay if we are buying Donna, at worst we will keep him until he gets us the price we want but Stegen himself won't accept staying as back up, Donnaruma in means Stegen is out, just a question of when.
    If we get neutral from the deal, then we get a younger GK with higher potential and most likely a better one too.
    I highly doubt we are signing him if the finances of the deal is bad for the club, judging by our moves we are only going for opportunities more than anything else