Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

Sign Donnarumma or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

serghei

The absolute NERVE of this guy to demand to be paid the biggest salary in the world. This club is like a nightmare that seems to never end. :lol: And Bartomeu was Freddy Krueger.

I had no idea his salary is this huge. 18m net, my god...

:lol: Good luck selling him with that wages. Dortmund might cover 10% of that.

Having Bartomeu as a president is 2nd only to winning the lottery as far as prospects for getting rich go.

Last edited:

serghei

Is there a chance we'll see Bartomeu arrested? I mean what the guy did has to be illegal somehow. Just put his ass in jail for financial fraud somehow. Find something Laporta ffs.

Rory

Is there a chance we'll see Bartomeu arrested? I mean what the guy did has to be illegal somehow. Just put his ass in jail for financial fraud somehow. Find something Laporta ffs.

We should all invest in a marketing campaign that demands any Barca fan to punch him in the face if they see him in public. I’ll gladly part with a grand for it

serghei

We should all invest in a marketing campaign that demands any Barca fan to punch him in the face if they see him in public. I’ll gladly part with a grand for it

Let's hope we find some Barca fans who practice MMA and boxing in that case :lol:. 10 of those would do the trick.

Porque

The decision between Donnarumma and ter Stegen will have to be made next summer. Either MAtS steps up big time or is told to look for a new club. We cannot have a GK that's one of the highest paid GKs in the World play like he does.

Open competition with no one being the #1 this season if this guy is signed.

This. But if you want to give Stegen competition then I feel that you go for Maignan on 15m.

Then tell MaTS with the data supporting. Maignan will start the season as you need to recover your knee. If his form is good he will continue for this season. But the plan for this year is Maignan in Europe and MaTs in the league. Then cite the record breaking CL defeats. That they are not all because of the goalkeeper, but that none the less Stegen was the goalkeeper for them.

I mean, equally you could try this with Donnarumma. But his wage and Raiola scare me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This. But if you want to give Stegen competition then I feel that you go for Maignan on 15m.

Then tell MaTS with the data supporting. Maignan will start the season as you need to recover your knee. If his form is good he will continue for this season. But the plan for this year is Maignan in Europe and MaTs in the league. Then cite the record breaking CL defeats. That they are not all because of the goalkeeper, but that none the less Stegen was the goalkeeper for them.

I mean, equally you could try this with Donnarumma. But his wage and Raiola scare me.

I agree with you there. Ideally you try this with a GK like Maignan who might accept something like that.

I doubt Raiola and Donnarumma will, but even taking the step to sign him would be a big step and possibly signal the end of ter Stegen's Barca career unless he has a second half career resurgence.

I suppose worst case scenario you could try to flip him to Juventus for de Ligt. Juve get the next Buffon and Barca get the CB they want or need, at least in terms of MDLs leadership profile and quality.

Current board need to show the players that no one are safe unless they perform to the level they are expected. You cannot have two good seasons and two bad ones and expect Barca to be indebted to you for the good years.

Need to set clear salary caps too internally like Bayern.

Last edited:

Joan

Signing Donnarumma makes sense only if we manage to offload Ter Stegen next summer. If not, we'll be paying almost 30 m a season for a pair of keepers. Neither of whom is among top 5 in the world.

Sounds just right, like a true Barca deal :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Let's hope we find some Barca fans who practice MMA and boxing in that case :lol:. 10 of those would do the trick.

The way he looked in the last press conference, I think the guy is suffering enough. He didn't sleep for ages or is on cocaine. Stress aged him ten years.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
ter Stegen is one of our highest paid players. He took a deal where his salary grows A LOT the next few years.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...-ter-stegen-to-extend-deal-until-2025-sources

Don't have the exact figures, but he wanted 18m net and knowing Josep Maria Bartomeu the master negotiator of them all, I doubt he makes less than 12-15m. More likely closer to 15m or higher at average during the duration of the contract given ter Stegen had a lot of leverage in the negotiations.

Wtf ? Had no idea his wages would increase as the years go by. going from 5 net to 15~ is a 200 percent increase in his salary which is ridiculous. But as you said you never know with Barto.

While this changes things I still think Donnarumma isn't worth the headache. Milan fans are glad they are past the drama him and his entourage caused and I bet you he will do the same here as his contract is expiring.

Richard.H

There is no possible way he should get paid that much, considering he would be at best a BVB or Arsenal level keeper when he leaves. It amazes me the incompetence of this dumbass club. I would imagine even I could convince FC Barcelona to pay me at least a million per year for doing simple data analytics on Python and visualizing it on Excel instead of Tableau :lol:

Richard.H

Wtf ? Had no idea his wages would increase as the years go by. going from 5 net to 15~ is a 200 percent increase in his salary which is ridiculous. But as you said you never know with Barto.

While this changes things I still think Donnarumma isn't worth the headache. Milan fans are glad they are past the drama him and his entourage caused and I bet you he will do the same here as his contract is expiring.

Dollarumma is a huge headache and he has massive flaws too. Not worth the risk, agreed.

Home of Barca Fans