User Tag List

View Poll Results: Sign Donnarumma or not?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 57.81%
  • No

27 42.19%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Signing him as competition for Stegen is hilariously nonsensical imo. I'd sign him as no1 keeper, younger and better than Stegen, potentially cheaper for the club as well. I'd look to sell Stegen in Germany if possible, for even 15-20m.

Laporta needs to realize that the goalkeeper position can and should be improved upon. One of the worst decisions by Zubi to go for Stegen vs Courtois.
    You do not have to have the absolute best 11 to play well and win trophies. Just look at City, they are without a proper LB and CF. Stegen has shown that he is good enough, and I am sure that he will get back to his best again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signing him as competition for Stegen is hilariously nonsensical imo. I'd sign him as no1 keeper, younger and better than Stegen, potentially cheaper for the club as well. I'd look to sell Stegen in Germany if possible, for even 15-20m.

Laporta needs to realize that the goalkeeper position can and should be improved upon. One of the worst decisions by Zubi to go for Stegen vs Courtois.
    Selling Steigem for 10-20 would be stupid though.

Teams are buying way worse goalkeepers for a lot of money. Like him or not, with his resume we should be able to get at least fifty million.

Transfermarkt rates him at 75mil.
    Donnarumma valued at 60 mil.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC433 View Post
    You do not have to have the absolute best 11 to play well and win trophies. Just look at City, they are without a proper LB and CF. Stegen has shown that he is good enough, and I am sure that he will get back to his best again.
    Exactly why I'm not saying we should pay 100m and sign the likes of Oblak. Donnarumma is not top 5, but he is better than Stegen, who's not even top 15.

Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post

Teams are buying way worse goalkeepers for a lot of money. Like him or not, with his resume we should be able to get at least fifty million.
    Nobody in EPL would touch him probably. Don't you think they have people who see that he's terrified by crosses? Balls would fly around his head in EPL like crazy and he'd stumble on his line like he usually does.

The market for him is Germany, and Bayern have Neuer. If we do the math, doubt we could offload him for much more than 20. Mediocre shot-stopper, poor defense organizer, but he's fancy with his feet. Yep, only some hipster team could go for him. Bundesliga type. Dortmund fits the bill to a T. Probably Leipzig, Leverkusen, and those types.
    Last edited by serghei; 29th May 2021 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post

Transfermarkt rates him at 75mil.
    That will take a while since pretty much every single top team has their own GK.

Exactly why I'm not saying we should pay 100m and sign the likes of Oblak. Donnarumma is not top 5, but he is better than Stegen, who's not even top 15.
    Cannot comment on his quality since I do not really watch SA, but I know that I do not want us to deal with Raiola. Pretty much every single one of his clients is underachieving and underperforming.

Bar├žapocalypse NOW!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gianluigi we should sign comes from Turin, hahaha...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would sell Stegen to Dortmund for 15-20m, probably the only team in for him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would sell ter Stegen and sign Donnarumma. Donnarumma is already better IMO and he will improve. Stegen since Liverpool game is very average, time to cash in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be clubs in for Ter Stegen, like BVB, Tottenham, Arsenal, Inter, maybe even Juve and Man Utd. But the problem is, he is believing his hype, don't think he would leave for any of those clubs, that looks like a downgrade from Barca.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, you should sign him. Probably low transfer fee for a very young and experienced keeper.

I don't think he is up there yet and maybe will never reach the peak of the top GKs but it is a good transfer opportunity imo.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    Of course, you should sign him. Probably low transfer fee for a very young and experienced keeper.

I don't think he is up there yet and maybe will never reach the peak of the top GKs but it is a good transfer opportunity imo.
    He's not cheap though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    He's not cheap though.
    How much ?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    He's not cheap though.
    His contract is running out this summer if i'm not mistaken. He is not very expensive then even though Raiola will ask a lot of money. It is a transfer opportunity.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning towards thinking they should pull the trigger here. Sure he's not great with the ball at his feet, but he can develop that part of the game and become adequate. Sell ter Stegen next summer to fund other transfers and rebuild of the team and keep Donnarumma as the starter.

I know a lot of guys don't want to deal with Mino Raiola, but that's simply not realistic given Raiola is the second biggest agent after Mendes. Simply boycotting one agent is not feasible. Cannot give him everything he want though.

Still think he'll end up in Juventus though, or PSG.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised so many want him. The kid can't play with the ball at his feet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need him.