User Tag List

View Poll Results: Sign Donnarumma or not?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 57.81%
  • No

    27 42.19%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

  1. #1
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Should Barcelona sign Gianluigi Donnarumma?

    The Donnarumma to Barcelona rumors have been heating up lately with Di Marzio going as far as saying Barca are favorites and could sign him regardless of what happens with ter Stegen.

    Should we really sign him though? He won't be cheap with him wanting big wages and Raiola also wanting his commission on top of it, but he is what Barca seem to be hunting this summer with barely any transfer funds: a market opportunity

    Now this could obviously just be a ploy by The Fat Rat to put pressure on Juve to sell Szczesny, but who knows really?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,938
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    The Donnarumma to Barcelona rumors have been heating up lately with Di Marzio going as far as saying Barca are favorites and could sign him regardless of what happens with ter Stegen.

    Should we really sign him though? He won't be cheap with him wanting big wages and Raiola also wanting his commission on top of it, but he is what Barca seem to be hunting this summer with barely any transfer funds: a market opportunity

    Now this could obviously just be a ploy by The Fat Rat to put pressure on Juve to sell Szczesny, but who knows really?
    -Why there is no poll?
    -When/where did Di Marzio said that?


    Regarding Donna,I haven't followed him for sometime and I can't say definitelyif I want him as no1 here, but I think he won't be that expensive since Juve our biggest competition, they aren't known for big overpay, at least by Barca standards
    That being said, I love the rumours, at very keast it put pressure on Stegan, he is no more untouchable and he need to realise that his power within the club is now limited, his performance of last year should not be tolerated again.
    That is way better than Pena as MATS back up, that we gave been hearing for months.

  3. #3
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    -Why there is no poll?
    -When/where did Di Marzio said that?


    Regarding Donna,I haven't followed him for sometime and I can't say definitelyif I want him as no1 here, but I think he won't be that expensive since Juve our biggest competition, they aren't known for big overpay, at least by Barca standards
    That being said, I love the rumours, at very keast it put pressure on Stegan, he is no more untouchable and he need to realise that his power within the club is now limited, his performance of last year should not be tolerated again.
    That is way better than Pena as MATS back up, that we gave been hearing for months.
    There is a poll bro, already votes on it. Try refreshing and see if it loads up.

    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/barc...mma-the-latest

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,938
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    There is a poll bro, already votes on it. Try refreshing and see if it loads up.

    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/barc...mma-the-latest
    Yeah, working now

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,086
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted no

    In a normal year? Maybe he'd offer competition to MaTS, which, judging by his recent performances, can only be a good thing. We are cash strapped however and this transfer isn't exactly a 'free' when you consider Raiola wanting his cut, sign on fees and wages. we need to sort the CBs before we even think of buying another GK.. when you have Dumb and Dumber pairing at CB, even prime Neuer would look like a clown if he was part of this defense.

    Shift some players and go for De Ligt. if MaTS continues to fuck up with an improved defense, then we can talk about a new GK.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,938
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Shift some players and go for De Ligt.
    It isn't happening, he is integral part of Juve rebuild and they think of him as future captain.
    He is the new T.Silva, we will be forever linked to him just because media knows he is a name that generates clicks.

  7. #7
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    de Ligt might happen, but it won't be this year. If Juventus still go nowhere next season and Barca start building a proper project he might jump ship. I doubt he's as committed to Juventus as Thiago Silva was to PSG.

    Heck might even use ter Stegen or this guy as trade bait for him in 2022

  8. #8
    Member
    weloveyuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we can afford it, absolutely! However, knowing Raiola is his agent...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    14,149
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Voted no

    In a normal year? Maybe he'd offer competition to MaTS, which, judging by his recent performances, can only be a good thing. We are cash strapped however and this transfer isn't exactly a 'free' when you consider Raiola wanting his cut, sign on fees and wages. we need to sort the CBs before we even think of buying another GK.. when you have Dumb and Dumber pairing at CB, even prime Neuer would look like a clown if he was part of this defense.

    Shift some players and go for De Ligt. if MaTS continues to fuck up with an improved defense, then we can talk about a new GK.
    I assume we would sign Donna and then sell Steigem.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,479
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would we convince Gigi? He's young and has played almost 300 senior games.

    Players must feel wanted when signed, it doesn't work by saying "we're signing you to compete with our main GK". Not with Donnarumma's status.

    We have to see him as our main GK, but that means we need a plan for what to do with ter Stegen. He doesn't have many suitors. Maybe PSG but I don't think he'll want to go.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,580
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too expensive. Signing on fee will be like a transfer fee.

    Wages will be like a striker.

    Would only make sense if we sold Stegen for Kepa or Alison money.
    FCB11

    ----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. On a free transfer even with Raiola's cut and giving Stegen serious competition yet again after so many years since Bravo left would be pretty nice imo. But I don't think it will happen and also don't fully trust Donnarumma to be up to the task of giving serious competition even to this version of Stegen.
    Last edited by FC B; 29th May 2021 at 08:22 AM.

  13. #13
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the rumours he was asking for 10M net while the fat rat was asking for a 20M commission . Now imagine how much he will ask as he is reaching his peak. There is nothing "free" about this transfer

    Said it in his thread , stay far away from him. He is not worth the hassle.
    Maybe you guys dont believe me but even with 72 years I have a body from a 39 years old man, in my mind I am 22. When people try to guess my age they say 35 , 40 or something. Last week a girl said 29!!!.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,938
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Too expensive. Signing on fee will be like a transfer fee.

    Wages will be like a striker.
    It is already said we put same offer as Juve, who aren't known for overpayment.
    Agent cut is standard in any transfer btw, not just free.
    People only think he will be expensive because Raiola, but people are forgetting MATS is one of the best paid GK in the world.
    If someone like Donna is available in next few years, he will be worth 70M+ easily,
    Tgere is very little chance he isn't a bargain deal.

    Raiola isn't the only PIA agent out there, he is just the one that has celebrity status.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    How would we convince Gigi? He's young and has played almost 300 senior games.

    Players must feel wanted when signed, it doesn't work by saying "we're signing you to compete with our main GK". Not with Donnarumma's status.
    If you are him, you know starting GK is out injured during preseason and possibly start of the season, he is 29 years old GK with bad knees and out of form, it is easy to see the chance to be starting GK in such situation.

    Also, he has only 1 other option, Juve who has similar situation with GK

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,938
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    de Ligt might happen, but it won't be this year. If Juventus still go nowhere next season and Barca start building a proper project he might jump ship. I doubt he's as committed to Juventus as Thiago Silva was to PSG.

    Heck might even use ter Stegen or this guy as trade bait for him in 2022
    Juve will at least be league contender and CL pretender next year.
    Proper coach, and tge only team with an actually bettee squad is inter, who just lost thwir coach and need to sell.

    They will look good enough for him to get his new contract and enjoy stability there