Euro 2020 (2021)

xXKonan

I dont know any of these people, Turkey was just an average side, yes they might be worse than expected, but they weren't going to do anything special regardless.

I only heard this "dark horse"-talk when they started losing.
To be fair they do have some good players and had some standout games before the Euros.

But the Tournament really exposed just how badly coached the team is by the look of things.

Rassvet

a Switzerland win makes it more likely Portugal fail to qualify but could also help give them an easier path if they qualify in 3rd place, tough knowing what to root for here

Horatio

You're welcome
I dont know any of these people, Turkey was just an average side, yes they might be worse than expected, but they weren't going to do anything special regardless.

I only heard this "dark horse"-talk when they started losing.

People thought they could surprise because they beat Norway and Netherland comfortably in WC qualifications.

Mateka

Wales should go through. Italy look like getting another and Switzerland look as if they will get another, so 3rd place for Wales.

Jadentheman

Why hasn?t Barca looked into some of these Italian players? They got pace, good timing and decision making, dribble and passing in tight spaces. And I can?t imagine them being to expensive to purchase.

Besides Verrati of course

Mateka

Wales probably goes through anyway, right?

How ties are broken within groups

If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the final tournament group stage, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their rankings:

a. higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in question
b. superior goal difference resulting from the matches played among the teams in question
c. higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question
d. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to i) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal
e. superior goal difference in all group matches
f. higher number of goals scored in all group matches
g. higher number of wins in all group matches
h. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points)
i. position in the overall European Qualifiers rankings. UEFA

Rassvet

One 3rd place team already on 4 points now. We need three more to get there and then any loss to France knocks Pendu out.

Home of Barca Fans