User Tag List

Page 3 of 463 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 6939

Thread: Euro 2020 (2021)

  1. #31
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,860
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    Trippier is probably the best RWB of them all. He's very mature and experienced and has a great delivery. I would be very surprised if someone like TAA, who can't defend, got into the squad ahead of Trippier.


    Trippier can't fucking lace TAA boots boi. Can't even fucking lace them.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

  2. #32
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,860
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But TAA's defending has improved massively his concentration and reading of the game has improved immensely.

    But not even considering that TAA is on the conjectory - and that is the important word conjectory - to be as immense a right back as Cafu and Alves. Offensively there is no better RB in world football and that is a fucking fact.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

  3. #33
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    15,813
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    No it's because TAA, Walker and James are superior RBs in every single way. Even AWB.

    So when Trippier does get selected which he will it will be hilarious.
    I mean.. no they are not.

    Depth at RB is insane, but if anyone should get the call here it?s Trent and Trippier. Walker is a cockwomble of a player you can?t trust.

    Hyping Trent to ends of earth doesn’t do any favours either. On form Carvajal pretty much matches him in most departments relevant to an attacking RB bar that long cross.
    Some are boring, some are not.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,882
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    But TAA's defending has improved massively his concentration and reading of the game has improved immensely.
    Since when? His disasterclass against Real Madrid?

  5. #35
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,839
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    But TAA's defending has improved massively his concentration and reading of the game has improved immensely.

    But not even considering that TAA is on the conjectory - and that is the important word conjectory - to be as immense a right back as Cafu and Alves. Offensively there is no better RB in world football and that is a fucking fact.
    It's far from being a fact. I think Cancelo is easily a more complete player than TAA is. Both are suspect defensively, but Cancelo has more to his game compared to TAA's fixation on brilliant crosses and switches. He is a number 10 playing at RB/LB, much like Alves.
    Last edited by te amo barca; 21st May 2021 at 03:14 PM.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Farripas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Last night the Portugal squad was announced and, while i'm not one to be overly optimistic and tend to be cautious, less than the semi-finals is a disappointment. And not because we're the defending champions, but because we have one hell of a team.

    Patricio, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.

    The weaker player are Pepe and Jose Fonte, 2 of the 3 CB we're taking. And i'd argue they're still good players.


    I'm really optimistic this time around. Absolutely LOVE the squad.
    Som-Hi !!! Viscal el Bar?a!

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    40,758
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farripas View Post
    Last night the Portugal squad was announced and, while i'm not one to be overly optimistic and tend to be cautious, less than the semi-finals is a disappointment. And not because we're the defending champions, but because we have one hell of a team.

    Patricio, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.

    The weaker player are Pepe and Jose Fonte, 2 of the 3 CB we're taking. And i'd argue they're still good players.


    I'm really optimistic this time around. Absolutely LOVE the squad.
    No Andre Gomes? Bust then.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Farripas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    No Andre Gomes? Bust then.
    Som-Hi !!! Viscal el Bar?a!

  9. #39
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,839
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farripas View Post
    Last night the Portugal squad was announced and, while i'm not one to be overly optimistic and tend to be cautious, less than the semi-finals is a disappointment. And not because we're the defending champions, but because we have one hell of a team.

    Patricio, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Andre Silva, Ronaldo.

    The weaker player are Pepe and Jose Fonte, 2 of the 3 CB we're taking. And i'd argue they're still good players.


    I'm really optimistic this time around. Absolutely LOVE the squad.
    I think the depth in central midfield is mediocre. Danilo, Carvalho, Neves, Moutinho all have had average or bad seasons.

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Farripas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    I think the depth in central midfield is mediocre. Danilo, Carvalho, Neves, Moutinho all have had average or bad seasons.
    Well, i disagree. Probably right about the season they had, but they're still good players and this is a different competition with different teamates. ANd Palhinha was awesome for Sporting, and Bruno for United well... We all know how that went.

    And "mediocre" is completely the wrong word, in my opinion.
    Som-Hi !!! Viscal el Bar?a!

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Sorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,777
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portugal should be favorites with that squad and like @Farripas says, anything less than a semi final would be a failure imo. Together with France they have the deepest team and are absolutely stacked from the mid up. Compared with the 2016 team it's not even close.

    Same with France, though it should be interesting to see if the motivation is still the same after winning the world cup.

    The rest are a level below.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    15,280
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    I see Germany and France stronger than us. Spain on same level. Anyways, it wont be easy guys. Lets hope for Portugal !

  13. #43
    Junior Member
    Farripas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    I see Germany and France stronger than us. Spain on same level. Anyways, it wont be easy guys. Lets hope for Portugal !
    It won't. And despite 2016, we tend to cave under pressure. Let's see if that changes. And we play an awful football, despite winning in 2016. Fernando Santos can get the results, but not the level of play.
    Som-Hi !!! Viscal el Bar?a!

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Sorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,777
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Germany is probably the 6th best team at this tournament. North Macedonia just beat them 2 months ago and they were quite shite against Romania who are relying on fucking Chiriches in defense. Their defense is likes Swiss cheese.

    Would be surprised if they reach the quarters, the squad is seriously unimpressive.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    15,280
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    Germany is probably the 6th best team at this tournament. North Macedonia just beat them 2 months ago and they were quite shite against Romania who are relying on fucking Chiriches in defense. Their defense is likes Swiss cheese.

    Would be surprised if they reach the quarters, the squad is seriously unimpressive.
    Youre joking right? Neuer, Havertz, Werner, Kroos, Mueller, Sane, Gundogan, Kimmich, Gnabry, Gorertzka, Gosens are unimpressive for you ?