Should Barca hire Xavi as their next manager?

Should Barca hire Xavi to succeed Koeman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like it might be the end of Koeman with how the season ended, or have been ending....do you think the club should hire Xavi to lead a new project or go for someone else?

serghei

No big-name available that fits our style, so... don't see any other option that is better.

But no matter who we appoint, get ready for some bad years. This is not gonna be one of those 1-2 years rebuild like during Pep or MSN era. Those weren't even full rebuilds compared to this one.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Could come and be a disaster like Pirlo or come and revolutionize the club. I don't see any middle ground.

DonAK

Could come and be a disaster like Pirlo or come and revolutionize the club. I don't see any middle ground.

This is how I see it too.

Either a failure like Pirlo or become a really successful manager for us.

serghei

But I'm prepared to give Xavi more time if I like how the team plays and we see things improving. He'll have the same objectives as Koeman on paper. Compete for La Liga and Copa, top 4 is a must, and compete in CL too if possible.

ebc_99

Koeman isn't good enough so we need a change and we don't have many options so I think Xavi is worth the risk, and it will be exciting to see how he will do. With Koeman it was clear he was never up to the job and shouldn't have been hired in the first place, with Xavi it could go either way.

DonAK

But I'm prepared to give Xavi more time if I like how the team plays and we see things improving. He'll have the same objectives as Koeman on paper. Compete for La Liga and Copa, top 4 is a must, and compete in CL too if possible.

They have to plan whoever they hire next for someone to be here for at least, minimum 3-5 years.

It's tough to actually progress and rebuild if you're constantly hiring guys who are under pressure to get results right away.

jairzinho

Depends on if we can give him competent players to work with. We'll need to do some shrewd business in the summer because with this current squad he's not winning anything.

FinBarcelonafan

I would sign Xavi because there's no other option

I doubt Xavi would want to start now. Maybe wait till the amigos leave from the club. (1-2 years. )

Andresito

Staff member

Finishing 4th would be embarrassing. It might not matter on paper whether we finish 2nd or 4th. Losing over 2 games vs a team in a cup, fine, but 4th means one of the non-top teams had a better season over 38 games than us. It's unacceptable for me.

khaled_a_d

Nope.
Doubt he is ready, not with many former teammates in the squad

Edit: My first choice will be getting Lucho back.

Last edited:

serghei

Finishing 4th would be embarrassing. It might not matter on paper whether we finish 2nd or 4th. Losing over 2 games vs a team in a cup, fine, but 4th means one of the non-top teams had a better season over 38 games than us. It's unacceptable for me.

Ok, fair enough, then 3rd.

serghei

Let’s go for a German or not a typical “Barca DNA” manager for once. Mix it up a bit.

Haven't had a Barca DNA manager for nearly a decade. It's time. If Xavi fails and Pep doesn't want to come back, then we should see what the situation of guys like Klopp, Tuchel, Nagelsmann would be at that moment in time. Right now, all the hot german managers are all taken.

Home of Barca Fans