Should Barca hire Xavi as their next manager?

Should Barca hire Xavi to succeed Koeman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devils

skysports-brendad-brendan-rodgers_5383087.jpg

We'll be back to dominating Liga and competing for CL in 2 years tops.

Brendan Rodgers is the name
Back-to-back trebles is the game

We move.

Andresito

Staff member
Hype around ten Hag seems to have dried out. Will take another good CL run before he's considered by the big teams.
Can he be a dark horse for Laporta?

Personally I don't think he'd do much better than Xavi, and I voted no to Xavi for now.

Messi983

Ten Hag has just renewed with Ajax, I think he'll stay there.

There's no good options available. Bayern paid Liepzig,20 mil for a coach. That's how desperate some teams are.

Don't think they're desperate. They could've choose an "interim manager" for a season and get Nagelsmann next season cheaper (but at the same time could also risk losing him to another club also willing to pay his clause) but they've identified him as a coach who could bring a longterm success to them.

They are probably the most well runned club in the world and could afford to pay that fee for him even in current situation. Only time will tell if their decision was the right one but if you clearly rate one coach well above others and you're in a position to afford him (even if you have to pay a lot) then you go for him instead of settling for a cheaper and probably worse alternative.

Last edited:

Messi983

We don't need a coach to turn this shitshow into a World Class team. We need a coach who is given the time to rebuild and mould the team into being a top team again. There's no point to keep Koeman around for another year only to start something we can start now.

Koeman is at best an option for another year. Why shouldn't we hire a new coach with 3-5 year plan in mind and let him finish what Koeman has started and then build the team in his own vision?

I don't disagree with your point but who could that coach be if not Xavi? Unless we're willing to take a risk with Pimienta (whom I really like as a developmental coach and would prefer him to stay taking care of our future players rather than set him to fail with current first team which I think is the most likely outcome) I just don't see an "outside" coach taking over now and stay for 3-5 years. So who would you suggest from realistically available coaches?

Porque

We been linked with Marcelo Gallardo and Gabi Milito (lol) by the Argentine press over the past week.

I can see Gallardo being an option if we do get a new manager.

JamDav1982

Top coaches wont go near Barca until they have full control of how team plays and to apply their ideas.

They wont go to a club where the old players have too much clout and make team inflexible tactically.

Wouldnt claim likes of Flick is a top coach either when other option is German national team.

If had to guess it will circle back round to Xavi getting it unless he wants to wait on better conditions to come in.

SmilerBam

I said yes because no very good coach, established coach is available right now. I still think Xavi can be a better solution than Koeman, only because he is young and his potential is greater than Koeman, who coached for 20 years and showed he is at best average. Not the best option surely, but better option than Koeman imo.

SmilerBam

skysports-brendad-brendan-rodgers_5383087.jpg

We'll be back to dominating Liga and competing for CL in 2 years tops.

Brendan Rodgers is the name
Back-to-back trebles is the game

We move.

Forgot about him. He can be an option. Still, the way his Liverpool crumbled in that Prenmier League campaign is worrisome.It s a big difference tio be a coach of an enormous club like Barca and Leicester.

Devils

Forgot about him. He can be an option. Still, the way his Liverpool crumbled in that Prenmier League campaign is worrisome.It s a big difference tio be a coach of an enormous club like Barca and Leicester.

Dawg.

This man took a team that had Matril Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Jon Flanagan, Kolo Toure and Sakho as defenders and Mingolet as a keeper, to compete for the Premier League title.

serghei

Dawg.

This man took a team that had Matril Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Jon Flanagan, Kolo Toure and Sakho as defenders and Mingolet as a keeper, to compete for the Premier League title.

He might miss Mignolet after he gets to see Stegen in a few games.

Birdy

Dawg.

He is a very good coach, and plays the football we wanna see here.

Flick is also a top coach.
He made Bayern an attacking machine the last 2 seasons that suffocated all opponents with their aggression and constant chance-creation.

Funny how some people discredit PROVEN coaches, and at the same time put some blind faith on an unproven and full of red-flags Xavi

Home of Barca Fans