Should Barca hire Xavi as their next manager?

Should Barca hire Xavi to succeed Koeman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowy

To be fair to Koe, team has created lots more chances than the opposition. He was let down by shitty defense + lack of finishing on our side and other teams being more clinical.

Press and fans hate his guts. Koe's been catching a lot of flack for his mulish persona but maybe it's just a Dutch thing and him being very direct rubs people the wrong way.

If sacking him means paying an early breach fee, then best give the guy another chance and allocate money to upgrade CBs.

Now as for the successor, it's Xavi for me.

Surround him with experts in areas where he's still learning. Same goes for Koe btw., we sure could use an expert striker trainer to improve our finishing :whistle:

And bring in an master in the dark arts, time wasting, technical fouls, yadi yo... the way we conceded some of 'em leads recently were na?ve to a fault.

Far fetch alternative but could ask Lucho to come back for a year or 2 and have Xavi share the load and learn under him.

One thing though, whoever comes, better have a thick rhino skin. At least with Xavi, can imagine the press being kinder... for a while anyways く(^_・)ゝ

Birdy

Well, Xavi was the brain of Pep's Barca. So, while he doesn't have much experience as a manager, as a player he was the one that ruled the midfield in the greatest side ever. So... it looks odd to me that you give points to someone like Flick for being an assistant manager, and you disregard Xavi who was basically the one that controlled the midfield in both Barca and Spain of that era.

I agree with you. I want a big name that could bring us confidence. Bring in Pep or Klopp. Oh... wait... we can't get anywhere near these guys. In that case... you either bring another EV or Koeman, managers with experience who are not good enough, or you try to give the chance to a new upcoming manager who has the tools to possibly become a great manager. Xavi could very well be the one. He has quite a few things going for him. Experience as a manager is basically the only stick you could beat him with, and you guys are using it non-stop.

Sorry, BIG NO to another Valverde, or Koeman. Or even a new Lucho. He'd fail terribly in current conditions for me.

1)
I loved Xavi as a footballer, but I don't care if Xavi was the brain of Pep's Barca.
I have already told you and other Xavi goers:
Logical fallacy 'If X was a WC player, then he would be a WC coach'

So, no it proves shit.
Xavi has to show that he is capable of sth even remotely similar to Pep's career.

2) No, you are misconstruing the reality on purpose.
No, we don't have as only options EV and that type of caoches OR Xavi
That's a fake dilemma put forward by Xavi fanboys to push an agenda.

I listed names already. If Flick or Ten Haag can be lured to Barca, then you do that.
Let's not go into circles.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, bring him on. Fuck it. We hired Setien and Valverde. At least we will have someone actually relevant. Mind you koeman is pretty relevant, but it doesn't seem like he will continue. If he does, I would be ok with it also. Next season(s) don't look too promising anyway .

Hire Xavi and get rid of Xavis old buddies. Start from ZERO. I wouldn't mind that. Give Xavi the keys to build his team from a scratch.

As long as we keep Messi and try to make the team competitive we will mediocre. We don't have the money to buy a good roster.

Home of Barca Fans