Should Barca hire Xavi as their next manager?

Should Barca hire Xavi to succeed Koeman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

malvolio

barca dna or not, if you don't have good players it all goes to shit.

talk all you want about the genius of klopp, but they turned expectations into trophies once they got rid of coutinho and they used the money to buy alisson and VVD.

a manager can be a bad fit or just not be the right man for the squad/job. but if the squad core si very good, another guy comes in a wins it all. look ar real when they got zidane or bayern when they switched to flick.

Last edited:

serghei

talk all you want about the genius of klopp, but they turned expectations into trophies once they got rid of coutinho and they used the money to buy alisson and VVD.

a manager can be a bad fit or just not be the right man for the squad/job. but if the squad core si very good, another guy comes in a wins it all. look ar real when they got zidane or bayern when they switched to flick.

Sure. Nobody here thinks a top manager is enough. This is why we need smart transfers. Maybe we can also sign a superstar to replace Messi with. One is enough.

1 superstar signing if Messi leaves + 3-4 good buys + the development of the current good batch of young players + 1-2 more promotions from La Masia. That would make sure we have some options to work with.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Sure. Nobody here thinks a top manager is enough. This is why we need smart transfers. Maybe we can also sign a superstar to replace Messi with. One is enough.

1 superstar signing if Messi leaves + 3-4 good buys + the development of the current good batch of young players + 1-2 more promotions from La Masia. That would make sure we have some options to work with.

The only superstars who are on the market are Haaland and Mbappe and imo even they arent top class (yet). Would have been nice if Neymar would be 5-6 years younger, he would be the perfect replacement.

wisconsincule

I don?t think Xavi should become the coach while any of his former teammates are still around.

Need 2-3 more years before he should be coach.

Dark days are ahead. Copa trophy is probably the only thing we will be fighting for next season.

FinBarcelonafan

Funny you mention CB and goalkeeper we badly lack.

Defense and goalkeeper first will make a solid team. Great offense will be cherry on the top.

We lack the proper foundation right now. Our goalkeeping and defending is questionable. You can't be top team without defending well.

And even the best Barca teams defended extremely well by keeping possession and working insanely hard in pressing. We need to go back to keep the net clean.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More reports that the current board aren't convinced by Xavi's lack of experience and will do their due diligence and look at other candidates as well.

Flick leaving Bayern probably screwed us over as I'm certain Nagelsmann would have been the priority.

Birdy

More reports that the current board aren't convinced by Xavi's lack of experience and will do their due diligence and look at other candidates as well.

Flick leaving Bayern probably screwed us over as I'm certain Nagelsmann would have been the priority.

Still other top, if not WC, coaches close to Nagelsmann's profile: like Ten Haag or Rogers.
Availability is the question.
If none of the top options are available I don't see the reason to change the coach

Porque

Whoever is manager. The most important thing is that it is not a transition manager until Xavi is ready, but the manager who will lead this new project.

If Xavi doesn't want the job now, then we can't wait until he is ready.

Now if it is Xavi, the amigos saw Xavi phased out and leave with dignity in 2015. If Xavi is firm then I believe he can get them to do the same.

If they think they can go around with an air of elitism coz Xavi is manager (Pique, I'm thinking of you), then we are gonna have problems though.

mc_lovin

Brendan Rogers is nightmarish for me. How did he get so popular suddenly? Because Leicester is good? Feels more like they just have a good foundation.

Biggest plus for Xavi: its interesting at the very least.

DonAK

Whoever is manager. The most important thing is that it is not a transition manager until Xavi is ready, but the manager who will lead this new project.

If Xavi doesn't want the job now, then we can't wait until he is ready.

Now if it is Xavi, the amigos saw Xavi phased out and leave with dignity in 2015. If Xavi is firm then I believe he can get them to do the same.

If they think they can go around with an air of elitism coz Xavi is manager (Pique, I'm thinking of you), then we are gonna have problems though.

Yeah. Next hire should be hired with minimum 3-5 years in mind.

DonAK

That's why we should keep Koeman. No coach is going to make our shitshow of a team into world class now. Let Koeman run the team for now and then move on after next season.

We don't need a coach to turn this shitshow into a World Class team. We need a coach who is given the time to rebuild and mould the team into being a top team again. There's no point to keep Koeman around for another year only to start something we can start now.

Koeman is at best an option for another year. Why shouldn't we hire a new coach with 3-5 year plan in mind and let him finish what Koeman has started and then build the team in his own vision?

Birdy

That's why we should keep Koeman. No coach is going to make our shitshow of a team into world class now. Let Koeman run the team for now and then move on after next season.

Yep.
Right now the question is posed wrongly, the cart is put before the horse.
They say 'Koeman sould be fired as he is not the coach to lead the club for 3-5 years' which might be correct,
but they also say hire whoever is close to the profile we need atm.

But that is a messed up way to do things.
First identify a shortlist of 2, 3 max, people that will be the ideal coach to lead the team for the next 3-5 years, and then go only for the top targets.
That means having to possible wait for the top target to become available.

We see how Koeman is taking the blame for everything atm.
Let him carry on with the transition at least 1 more year and take more blame for the process.

PS: Xavi is not any close to that shortlist of 2-3 people IMO.

Home of Barca Fans