User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Barca hire Xavi to succeed Koeman?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 50.00%
  • No

    26 50.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 98

Thread: Should Barca hire Xavi as their next manager?

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,921
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Haven't had a Barca DNA manager for nearly a decade.
    Not Barca DNA per se. But ripoffs and budget versions of it.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    4,924
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    barca dna or not, if you don't have good players it all goes to shit.

    talk all you want about the genius of klopp, but they turned expectations into trophies once they got rid of coutinho and they used the money to buy alisson and VVD.

    a manager can be a bad fit or just not be the right man for the squad/job. but if the squad core si very good, another guy comes in a wins it all. look ar real when they got zidane or bayern when they switched to flick.
    Last edited by malvolio; 17th May 2021 at 11:14 AM.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    32,104
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    barca dna or not, if you don't have good players it all goes to shit.

    talk all you want about the genius of klopp, but they turned expectations into trophies once they got rid of coutinho and they used the money to buy alisson and VVD.

    a manager can be a bad fit or just not be the right man for the squad/job. but if the squad core si very good, another guy comes in a wins it all. look ar real when they got zidane or bayern when they switched to flick.
    Sure. Nobody here thinks a top manager is enough. This is why we need smart transfers. Maybe we can also sign a superstar to replace Messi with. One is enough.

    1 superstar signing if Messi leaves + 3-4 good buys + the development of the current good batch of young players + 1-2 more promotions from La Masia. That would make sure we have some options to work with.
    Last edited by serghei; 17th May 2021 at 11:17 AM.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    9,947
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Sure. Nobody here thinks a top manager is enough. This is why we need smart transfers. Maybe we can also sign a superstar to replace Messi with. One is enough.

    1 superstar signing if Messi leaves + 3-4 good buys + the development of the current good batch of young players + 1-2 more promotions from La Masia. That would make sure we have some options to work with.
    The only superstars who are on the market are Haaland and Mbappe and imo even they arent top class (yet). Would have been nice if Neymar would be 5-6 years younger, he would be the perfect replacement.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    wisconsincule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don?t think Xavi should become the coach while any of his former teammates are still around.

    Need 2-3 more years before he should be coach.

    Dark days are ahead. Copa trophy is probably the only thing we will be fighting for next season.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post

    Edit: My first choice will be getting Lucho back.
    I would not mind that if Koeman is sacked.
    But only under the condition to move out of the team ALL of the old guard
    1992

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    15,458
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    barca dna or not, if you don't have good players it all goes to shit.

    talk all you want about the genius of klopp, but they turned expectations into trophies once they got rid of coutinho and they used the money to buy alisson and VVD.

    a manager can be a bad fit or just not be the right man for the squad/job. but if the squad core si very good, another guy comes in a wins it all. look ar real when they got zidane or bayern when they switched to flick.
    Funny you mention CB and goalkeeper we badly lack.

    Defense and goalkeeper first will make a solid team. Great offense will be cherry on the top.

    We lack the proper foundation right now. Our goalkeeping and defending is questionable. You can't be top team without defending well.

    And even the best Barca teams defended extremely well by keeping possession and working insanely hard in pressing. We need to go back to keep the net clean.

  8. #23
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,029
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More reports that the current board aren't convinced by Xavi's lack of experience and will do their due diligence and look at other candidates as well.

    Flick leaving Bayern probably screwed us over as I'm certain Nagelsmann would have been the priority.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    More reports that the current board aren't convinced by Xavi's lack of experience and will do their due diligence and look at other candidates as well.

    Flick leaving Bayern probably screwed us over as I'm certain Nagelsmann would have been the priority.
    Still other top, if not WC, coaches close to Nagelsmann's profile: like Ten Haag or Rogers.
    Availability is the question.
    If none of the top options are available I don't see the reason to change the coach
    1992

  10. #25
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    5,016
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever is manager. The most important thing is that it is not a transition manager until Xavi is ready, but the manager who will lead this new project.

    If Xavi doesn't want the job now, then we can't wait until he is ready.

    Now if it is Xavi, the amigos saw Xavi phased out and leave with dignity in 2015. If Xavi is firm then I believe he can get them to do the same.

    If they think they can go around with an air of elitism coz Xavi is manager (Pique, I'm thinking of you), then we are gonna have problems though.
    FCB11

    ----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brendan Rogers is nightmarish for me. How did he get so popular suddenly? Because Leicester is good? Feels more like they just have a good foundation.

    Biggest plus for Xavi: its interesting at the very least.

  12. #27
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,029
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Whoever is manager. The most important thing is that it is not a transition manager until Xavi is ready, but the manager who will lead this new project.

    If Xavi doesn't want the job now, then we can't wait until he is ready.

    Now if it is Xavi, the amigos saw Xavi phased out and leave with dignity in 2015. If Xavi is firm then I believe he can get them to do the same.

    If they think they can go around with an air of elitism coz Xavi is manager (Pique, I'm thinking of you), then we are gonna have problems though.
    Yeah. Next hire should be hired with minimum 3-5 years in mind.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    15,458
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Yeah. Next hire should be hired with minimum 3-5 years in mind.
    That's why we should keep Koeman. No coach is going to make our shitshow of a team into world class now. Let Koeman run the team for now and then move on after next season.

  14. #29
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,029
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    That's why we should keep Koeman. No coach is going to make our shitshow of a team into world class now. Let Koeman run the team for now and then move on after next season.
    We don't need a coach to turn this shitshow into a World Class team. We need a coach who is given the time to rebuild and mould the team into being a top team again. There's no point to keep Koeman around for another year only to start something we can start now.

    Koeman is at best an option for another year. Why shouldn't we hire a new coach with 3-5 year plan in mind and let him finish what Koeman has started and then build the team in his own vision?

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    That's why we should keep Koeman. No coach is going to make our shitshow of a team into world class now. Let Koeman run the team for now and then move on after next season.
    Yep.
    Right now the question is posed wrongly, the cart is put before the horse.
    They say 'Koeman sould be fired as he is not the coach to lead the club for 3-5 years' which might be correct,
    but they also say hire whoever is close to the profile we need atm.

    But that is a messed up way to do things.
    First identify a shortlist of 2, 3 max, people that will be the ideal coach to lead the team for the next 3-5 years, and then go only for the top targets.
    That means having to possible wait for the top target to become available.

    We see how Koeman is taking the blame for everything atm.
    Let him carry on with the transition at least 1 more year and take more blame for the process.

    PS: Xavi is not any close to that shortlist of 2-3 people IMO.
    1992