La Liga | Round 37: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo

sikkboy

So if we reflect, what was the benefit of last season clearout?

Having Suarez would have helped winning the league but it meant either admitting that Griezman has no place in this team (which is difficult) or not developing Pedri and giving him as much chances through the season. Other clearouts made sense like Raki for example. Suarez is a short term solution either ways because he is old.

We had a manager that trusted the Youth and gave them opportunities the likes of Pedri, Mingueza, Moriba and Arajuo. He also gave Dembele plenty of chance and trust.

Overall it is a relatively positive season given that we are in a transition and we had a team with bunch of oldies and had at a point Valverde as our manager. 7/10.

Phase 2 of cleanup: Bring a tactical strong personality manager; sell Griezman, Dembele, Braithwaite, Trincao and that stupid LB cannot recall his name. If we have 80M plus sales of 200M .. that is roughly 280M to buy a starting young CB and a starting CDM and a solid staring striker 28 years old or younger and a young promising winger

Edit: forgot we have a player called Coutinho. That is another 40M hopefully

In reflection this is a good, honest and accurate appraisal. Although exceedingly frustrating when with a bit more managerial acumen Barca could have actually won a double. :lol:

But you're right, it was a transitional season.

Nazario1985

The problem in that analyse is WE are not in a transition, it's an accident to be more precise.

Crushing your car in the wall to state ah yes it's was time for a repair isn't a good strat.

You need to WIN and play for WININING.

Since when you take 10 years to build a team to compete ?

It never happened in this club and it's stupid to even suggest it.

You rebuild while you compete and win.

we changed a lot with Rijkaard & Pep and they didn't took 5 years to be at the top.

It's not magic unless you are a stubborn donkey like Koeman.

but the question : Have you looked at his work at Valencia ? it is a copy pasta of what he did there

kattanib

The problem in that analyse is WE are not in a transition, it's an accident to be more precise.

Crushing your car in the wall to state ah yes it's was time for a repair isn't a good strat.

You need to WIN and play for WININING.

Since when you take 10 years to build a team to compete ?

It never happened in this club and it's stupid to even suggest it.

You rebuild while you compete and win.

we changed a lot with Rijkaard & Pep and they didn't took 5 years to be at the top.

It's not magic unless you are a stubborn donkey like Koeman.

but the question : Have you looked at his work at Valencia ? it is a copy pasta of what he did there

Poor management agree, but what can we so now? What could have we done last season? New president with hopefully new management style of the club. Given the cards we had I give season a score of 7/10 .. could have been much worse as we saw in the beginning of the season when Barca was 9th I believe and could have been better had we won our last 5 encounters

Nazario1985

Poor management agree, but what can we so now? What could have we done last season? New president with hopefully new management style of the club. Given the cards we had I give season a score of 7/10 .. could have been much worse as we saw in the beginning of the season when Barca was 9th I believe and could have been better had we won our last 5 encounters

7/10 ? apart from Raki & Suarez who left we had pretty much the same team last 2-3 years !!

And what should have been the easiest ligua in recent history.

We shitted the start of the season and the end of it which like 50% ....

When i say EV > Koeman i'm pretty confident, just look at the subs today again this guys think overcrowding the attack is going to solve everything because he has no setup and i don't know what he talks during training but its zero schema and zero setup.

Our defenders are terrible but his setup is even worse.

RK did the same shit at valencia he need to go back to Dutch league and stay in it for the rest of his career.

But i except after Barcelona he will go to Qatar to train them about the genius idea of "putting a lot of players in front = good attacking strat"

JamDav1982

Same players a year older, with a new coach coming in to a time when the club was in chaos with Messi unhappy and all backed up by no real pre season.

To act like this season was just some progression from other seasons and same squad is nowhere near reality.

Barca did not win the league last season either and the squad was done.

The issue was not enough changes were made if anything. Not that should have been kept the same.

Going back to the same players like Pique derailed the whole season and Koeman takes blame for that but not due to too many changes being made to a squad already good enough.

Porque

Just to rub insult into injury. Some other results around LaLiga by the recent teams who cost us points (apart from Real and Atleti)

Cadiz 1 - 3 Elche
Alaves - 4 - 2 Granada
Getafe 2 - 1 Levante
:lol:

F this team.

cro-man

A win needed. So what to do? Sub in even worse players:lol: I mean those on the field werent good but god those on the bench are beyond awfull. Sell this whole bench. Puig braithwaite and trinaco need to be sold.

klc123

This result has made me really question the leadership of some senior players. Pique should be organising the defence better than this from just experience. Our defence was never as bad as this when we had Puyol.

Altomonte

How to defeat Bar?a:
- Let them play around for 30 minutes, don't concede more ghan 2 goals
- start attacking in second half when they are tired and/or have made silly substitutions
- shoout as much as possible, goalkeeper always lets in 1-2 easy goals
- provoke the left side defenders, one of them will either give you a penalty or a red card
- always guard Messi with 2-3 players, he is the only real threat

kattanib

How to defeat Bar?a:
- start attacking in second half when they are tired and/or have made silly substitutions
- provoke the left side defenders, one of them will either give you a penalty or a red card

Its very simple really. Have your team drop back, play counters and make sure you have fast attackers

FinBarcelonafan

How to defeat Bar?a:

Well done. Well done. Yet we never change anything to improve these flaws. Sick of this team the past five seasons. Same problems never fixed.

Nazario1985

So all the ratings are pretty much the same for Messi, he is way way too good for this team

Second comes Busi obviously.

But ratings seems lost on whos the worse MATS or Lenglet ? :D

Home of Barca Fans