La Liga | Round 36: Levante UD - FC Barcelona 3-3

Giginho75

i think we've done that last summer. counting the chickens before they hatch that is.

what we found out is - not one of our talents is starter level for a club that wants to compete for the league and CL.

pedri, ilaix, fati, araujo are good rotation options(provided they are not overplayed and steadily introduced over the season), but that's it. the rest are duds or future bench material at best.

Fati and Pedri are great!
The rest are good players.
We can't always get Messi and Iniesta from Masia.
I don't remember other clubs of same level with so strong young players in their teams.

The problem of this team aren't young players, at all.

malvolio

Fati and Pedri are great!
The rest are good players.
We can't always get Messi and Iniesta from Masia.
I don't remember other clubs of same level with so strong young players in their teams.

The problem of this team aren't young players, at all.

While both are very promising, Fati is half dead Pedri just had his first season here.
Did I say that young players are the problem? They are not the answer right now either. And it would have been better to rotate them 1-2 seasons. Not play them until they fall apart.
We have 2-3 at most that can be considered 'strong'. Mingueza, Dest, Trincao, Dembele are mediocre at best.

But please, go ahead and draw fantasy elevens full of them and see how they do next season.

Surely not the problem, but not the answer for now.

Giginho75

While both are very promising, Fati is half dead Pedri just had his first season here.
Did I say that young players are the problem? They are not the answer right now either. And it would have been better to rotate them 1-2 seasons. Not play them until they fall apart.
We have 2-3 at most that can be considered 'strong'. Mingueza, Dest, Trincao, Dembele are mediocre at best.

But please, go ahead and draw fantasy elevens full of them and see how they do next season.

Surely not the problem, but not the answer for now.

We have to wait for the market and what LaPorta wants to do.
Anyway the base of this team is not bad.
The three seniors will play another season in the starting eleven. Not so easy to find a substitute of the same level.
Clearly we need some great players.

And maybe a new coach.
But who?
Xavi? I don't know.
Pep was Pep.

Last edited:

malvolio

We have to wait for the market and what LaPorta wants to do.
Anyway the base of this team is not bad.
The three seniors will play another season in the starting eleven. Not so easy to find a substitute of the same level.
Clearly we need some great players.

main issue is that we have to nail 2-3 transfers that are very good and also bring some leadership. ideally a VVD type of CB, an athletic CM/CDM, a world class striker or winger(if we are going with aguero for now).

Home of Barca Fans