La Liga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 1-1

fergus90

Felt like no team wanted to take risks. Or just didnt have the quality. Very even game apart from 10 minutes after Busquets was subbed out.

I don't think Atletico know how to take risks. It's like they had no idea what to do with all the possession they had as it's not normal for them.

BusiTheKing

Switching to Dortmund - Leipzig in the break and watching the tempo jump made it seem like I had been watching a training match.

Richard.H

Just got done watching the match. All I can say is it was a bit of a strange match. ATM clearly the better team in the first half and absolutely abused Mingueza on the right side. Good on RK to realize this and sub him out for Araujo (who had a phenomenal game).

A bit dumbfounded by the ATM tactics in the second half. Not sure what Simeone was thinking to park the bus. It's like they decided to let their foot off the gas. I honestly thought they could've scored one if they kept attacking like first half. Also a bit dumbfounded by RK not taking full advantage of this. Why sub in Roberto for Dest, who was one of the better players this game? I don't understand.

Both coaches absolutely mediocre this match on the tactical front. Both teams not taking full advantage and hence giving advantage to RM.

behindbrowneyes

Felt like no team wanted to take risks. Or just didnt have the quality. Very even game apart from 10 minutes after Busquets was subbed out.

You can't win without taking risks, at least not when it comes to Barcelona. A team like Granada can win without taking much of a risk against Barcelona, but not Barcelona against Atletico, especially when a win is a must. Barca never was a team that could rely on set pieces and still win it with a high percentage of probability.

City and Pep show in a very impressive manner that attacking and pressing with intensity is the best defense. And this is what this team is lacking since Lucho left. There was a time under Koeman when the team showed similar traits, but never in a big game which suggests that they are just not up to it against top opposition.

Today's attack with Messi and Griezmann was as toothless as that compact team at Anfield with Suarez and Messi at top with 8 "defenders" behind them. Somehow, Araujo was the most dangerous player today with that offside goal and a pretty sure goal if it wasn't for Lenglet. We'd be better off and more dangerous in such a game if we'd put Araujo into the box and cross opponents to death like Madrid uses to do.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
People say we need a real striker to have way more danger against strong defenses like Atletico. We do, but we need that and 4 or 5 more new players. No chance we are competing at the top with just 1 big signing.

FinBarcelonafan

Just got done watching the match. All I can say is it was a bit of a strange match. ATM clearly the better team in the first half and absolutely abused Mingueza on the right side. Good on RK to realize this and sub him out for Araujo (who had a phenomenal game).

A bit dumbfounded by the ATM tactics in the second half. Not sure what Simeone was thinking to park the bus. It's like they decided to let their foot off the gas. I honestly thought they could've scored one if they kept attacking like first half. Also a bit dumbfounded by RK not taking full advantage of this. Why sub in Roberto for Dest, who was one of the better players this game? I don't understand.

Both coaches absolutely mediocre this match on the tactical front. Both teams not taking full advantage and hence giving advantage to RM.

Most likely Atletico ran their legs in the first half.

FinBarcelonafan

People say we need a real striker to have way more danger against strong defenses like Atletico. We do, but we need that and 4 or 5 more new players. No chance we are competing at the top with just 1 big signing.

Exactly, this team is full of flaws. It will take great deal of squad planning and great buys to get us back on top.

FCBfan22

We fucked it against Granada. No turning back since then. A draw against Atleti would be fine, if we didn't do THAT on Thursday.

cro-man

Still cant win big matches? How am I surprised:lol: Never thought we would win this. A draw is fine i guess considering how beyond awfull we were in the first half where they could have scored more than once.

Whats bothering me is that no matter how shit the big teams we face are they are we still cant beat them. It seems that we are loosing these game even before they start. A big name is just enough.

Home of Barca Fans