Marcelo Bielsa

Windhook

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200909095930-marcelo-bielsa-leeds-united.jpg

Obviously we all know the guy and I was surprised there wasn't a thread about him. Nowhere near the winningest managers in history, but I admire his total devotion to football and great personality. Bielsa doesn't shy away from taking jobs in mediocre clubs or former giants. He's never managed a big club (except the failure at Argentina NT in 2000's) and probably is not cut for such job, like Otto Rehhagel was.

Leeds are currently sitting comfortably in midtable in the Premier League, which is a great achievement IMO, given the individual quality of the players. Also thinking on watching the Amazon Prime series on Leeds United

El Gato

Villarato!
Series is nothing special, watch one episode on Bielsa background, the segment on spygate (which was made out to be more than it was anyway) and the Villa goal. The rest is a bit of a bore.

delancey

Feel sad for the guy! But playing in such a way that opponents win by 4-6 goals consistently is asking for the sack. If something?s not working, fix it.

RF20

Banned
Probably the most overrated manager of all time.

Hiding behind his "purist philosophy" while he can't adapt or even tweak his tactics one bit.

His tactics are utterly delusional. Defense is always open. Zero pragmatism or self awareness

Messigician

Wtf

How can they sack him he's a legend of the game it is like sacking Pep

Just kidding

He's done well at Leeds but his cycle is over

Zidane82

I do not think that he was the problem.
They have been without their best player / captain Phillips and best striker Bamford plus a few other vital players

How will a stranger do better with the same depleted team who only know how to play the Bielsa way ?

RF20

Banned
I do not think that he was the problem.
They have been without their best player / captain Phillips and best striker Bamford plus a few other vital players

How will a stranger do better with the same depleted team who only know how to play the Bielsa way ?

He's so dogmatic with his Football Purism BS that he wouldn't tweak his tactics one bit even when necessary.

Even Klopp and Guardiola aren't this stubborn.

There's a reason Bielsa never did big things. He's a nutjob. A huge oart of the problem.

Home of Barca Fans