User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-2

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La Liga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-2

Thursday, April 29, 19:00 CET

-
    -------

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-0 please.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's stay on the ground! We absolutely need to win this but it won't be easy. Every game until the end will be difficult.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granada wants to revenge the copa loss against us, be careful guys

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granada won 1 of last 9 away games. Lost all those games with 1 goal difference (mostly 2-1), except against United which was 2-0.

This game is extremely risky with it being looked at as an 'easy' game.
    Next two games are against Valencia and Atletico. Extremely important not to think too far ahead.

Not a lot of room for rotations. All players in the XI are contributing so they're hard to replace, except current Pedri who really needs to be benched.

Mingueza, Griezmann, Frenkie and Messi are one yellow away from suspension.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we don’t do what we’ve done in last 2 games where if we end up being a goal up deciding to play within ourselves and not push for more goals. Attack is the best form of defence with this team, we put unnecessary pressure on ourselves when we try to play out the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to be carefull with the yellows. We now have Messi, Frenkie, Mingueza and Griezmann on 4 cards while facing Valencia away, Atletico home and Levante away next.

Other than that it should be an easy win if the focus is right. 3-0 type to take the #1 position.

Rest pedri!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same feeling that I had vs Valladolid. Really, really unsure. I am much less worried about Valencia.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a win will do at this point. Going by the performance levels of the players the last few weeks (the Getafe 5-2 kind of flattered us) it's not going to be a comfortable run-in so just got to focus on one game at a time and go from there.

The fact that we play again on Sunday means I'd rest one or two players for this game to keep them fresh for Valencia but nothing too crazy.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    I have the same feeling that I had vs Valladolid. Really, really unsure. I am much less worried about Valencia.
    hmmm i am more worried about valencia, we draw against them in home match.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Hope we don’t do what we’ve done in last 2 games where if we end up being a goal up deciding to play within ourselves and not push for more goals. Attack is the best form of defence with this team, we put unnecessary pressure on ourselves when we try to play out the game.
    Our friend @malvolio call this 'control'

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Our friend @malvolio call this 'control'
    not my fault forum is full of insecure pussies that cry in the game chat over any lost ball by us or any completed pass by villareal.

we had the better chances to close out the game but we didn't convert. otherwise nothing dramatic happened. but yeah, we should win every game 5-0 so there is no doubt about it.

just ask real and atleti how they managed to lose points in games where they've 'looked' the better team.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every match until the end is a final.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    not my fault forum is full of insecure pussies that cry in the game chat over any lost ball by us or any completed pass by villareal.

we had the better chances to close out the game but we didn't convert. otherwise nothing dramatic happened. but yeah, we should win every game 5-0 so there is no doubt about it.

just ask real and atleti how they managed to lose points in games where they've 'looked' the better team.
    We stopped playing, we were lucky that villareal had to play with ten men and they had still some chances. Im glad that they hadnt got big chances to score but we saw against cadiz that its possible to get the equalizer in the last minutes when you stop playing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    We stopped playing, we were lucky that villareal had to play with ten men and they had still some chances. Im glad that they hadnt got big chances to score but we saw against cadiz that its possible to get the equalizer in the last minutes when you stop playing.
    mate, your theory of 'ifs and buts' only works before events occur. talking now after the dust is settled is pointless as things went our way and we got the three points. even more so, when we are the only team in the title race that won away this weekend, against a difficult team.

this was not some match like in those CL debacles. we were winning and had a man advantage, but we didn't score more due to poor finishing.
    Last edited by malvolio; 26th April 2021 at 11:59 AM.