User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 221

Thread: La Liga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-2

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,916
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    mate, your theory of 'ifs and buts' only works before events occur. talking now after the dust is settled is pointless as things went our way and we got the three points. even more so, when we are the only team in the title race that won away this weekend, against a difficult team.

    this was not some match like in those CL debacles. we were winning and had a man advantage, but we didn't score more due to poor finishing.
    You are right until we get the equalizer in the 90th minute because we stopped playing and loosing the title, then everyone will ask why didnt we push for the 3-1 or 4-1.
    Last edited by Fati_Future_BallonDor; 26th April 2021 at 01:27 PM.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    14,083
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    You are right until we gets the equalizer in the 90th minute because we stopped playing and loosing the title, then everyone will ask why didnt we push for the 3-1 or 4-1.
    Exactly. We got lucky in the past two games. Even yesterday Steigen had to make a big save to keep it 2-1.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    4,006
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Exactly. We got lucky in the past two games. Even yesterday Steigen had to make a big save to keep it 2-1.
    got lucky by being the better team on the park? what kind of fucked up logic is that?

    1 goal margin wins now count as lucky, regardless of what actually happens in the game.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,680
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    got lucky by being the better team on the park? what kind of fucked up logic is that?

    1 goal margin wins now count as lucky, regardless of what actually happens in the game.
    1 goal margin now is a 1 LENGLET margin from draw or loss.
    there is a new measure in la liga.

    there is a goal, there is a lead by 1 goal, and there is 1 Lenglet that can screw you up.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  5. #20
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    12,970
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    Name a better duo than Barcaforum and coming up with new metrics for the game.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    bismp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Forum De Amigos HQ
    Posts
    2,122
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUGE game,we gotta stay focused!Granada at home should be an easy win if we play relatively well,but also keep the yellow cards in mind!Visca Barca!

  7. #22
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,663
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Exactly. We got lucky in the past two games. Even yesterday Steigen had to make a big save to keep it 2-1.
    what on Earth is that logic? A goalkeeper making a save that he should make 10/10 times, directed right at the center of the goal, is not fucking "luck". If Villarreal managed to salvage a point from that game, in fact they would be the lucky ones and we unlucky.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    14,083
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    what on Earth is that logic? A goalkeeper making a save that he should make 10/10 times, directed right at the center of the goal, is not fucking "luck". If Villarreal managed to salvage a point from that game, in fact they would be the lucky ones and we unlucky.
    Eh, it almost deflected to goal. Talking about centimeters here.

    If deflection changes the angle by few centimeters it's in.

    Again, that was just one example where we needed to be lucky.. The point was, we could also kill these games by winning with bigger margin than parking the bus and Hoping the opponent doesn't score with fecking ten players.

  9. #24
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,663
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Eh, it almost deflected to goal. Talking about centimeters here.

    If deflection changes the angle by few centimeters it's in.

    Again, that was just one example where we needed to be lucky.. The point was, we could also kill these games by winning with bigger margin than parking the bus and Hoping the opponent doesn't score with fecking ten players.
    You should listen to yourself.. All you say is "if, if, if, if".. doesn't work like that

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,104
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Granada won 1 of last 9 away games. Lost all those games with 1 goal difference (mostly 2-1), except against United which was 2-0.

    This game is extremely risky with it being looked at as an 'easy' game.
    Next two games are against Valencia and Atletico. Extremely important not to think too far ahead.

    Not a lot of room for rotations. All players in the XI are contributing so they're hard to replace, except current Pedri who really needs to be benched.

    Mingueza, Griezmann, Frenkie and Messi are one yellow away from suspension.
    That's insane. I'm pretty sure one them will be suspended very soon.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,916
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    You should listen to yourself.. All you say is "if, if, if, if".. doesn't work like that
    meh te amo he is right why not killing these teams? Sitting back and hoping not to concede wont work every time. We showed in first half that we could dominate Villareal and should keep going in second half until we score atleast the 3-1. Imagine we got the 2-2 because of a corner goal or stupid lenglet mistake in 85.min. Then this forum would have gone crazy and yell why we stopped playing.

  12. #27
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,663
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    meh te amo he is right why not killing these teams? Sitting back and hoping not to concede wont work every time. We showed in first half that we could dominate Villareal and should keep going in second half until we score atleast the 3-1. Imagine we got the 2-2 because of a corner goal or stupid lenglet mistake in 85.min. Then this forum would have gone crazy and yell why we stopped playing.
    you're literally saying the same thing. "imagine if"

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,916
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    you're literally saying the same thing. "imagine if"
    Roma showed us that sitting back is the wrong option. Of course its always a 'if' and 'imagine' until its happens. Why waiting for it if we have the power to avoid it.

  14. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,106
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Roma showed us that sitting back is the wrong option. Of course its always a 'if' and 'imagine' until its happens. Why waiting for it if we have the power to avoid it.
    Theres a human element though... this season has been a meat thresher. Even Frenkie looked physically done at the end.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,916
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    I have a friend who always drove too fast, we have a street in which you are only allowed to drive 30 km/h (18,64 mph) and he always drove 70-90 km/h (43-55 mph). I said to him:''You are crazy dude if the police puts a speed camera there you are fucked and you need the car license for the way to your work.'' He always said to me:'' Dude relax you say to many if's''. Guess who had to ride with the bike to work two months later.