User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga | Round 32: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 1-2

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected lineup
    It is a true 5-3-2 now, three pure central defenders, and the wing backs not at all more offensive than the usual wide defenders.
    Messi has a free role and Griezmann is jogging around being most concerned about trying to keep possesion with a back pass and showing a willingness to do the defensive work.

4 purely defensive focused players, 1 purely offensive focused, and 5 mixed... This is pretty rare, especially for a top team. I don't think Barcelona ever was weighed this defensively since I started following them.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lenglet again and again

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lenglet masterclass incoming. We already got a preview of that against Getafe.
    Maybe you guys dont believe me but even with 72 years I have a body from a 39 years old man, in my mind I am 22. When people try to guess my age they say 35 , 40 or something. Last week a girl said 29!!!.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Lenglet again and again
    Hes still by far our best option for LCB. And he has been decent lately.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem with Lenglet, but would have liked Moriba instead of Pedri.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    No problem with Lenglet, but would have liked Moriba instead of Pedri.
    In our setup (next to Frenkie) Pedri makes more sense than Ilaix. Not sure we need to rest players now either - especially not vs Villarreal away.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd play Frenkie in Lenglets position and try Ilaix in Frenkies position. Then I'd have Puig in Pedris position (and move Pedri up to Griezmanns if he didn't need the rest), but let's not bang on about that...

Cruyff played Stoichkov in the winger position in his 3-4-3, Koeman plays Dest... I wouldn't be too scared to try Dembele/Konrad/Trincao there sometime.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alberto Moreno starting his first game this season after recovering from torn ACL. Messi and Dest should be targetting him. Otherwise probably the best Villarreal lineup at the moment, I've expected them to rest some players for EL semi-finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    I'd play Frenkie in Lenglets position and try Ilaix in Frenkies position. Then I'd have Puig in Pedris position (and move Pedri up to Griezmanns if he didn't need the rest), but let's not bang on about that...

Cruyff played Stoichkov in the winger position in his 3-4-3, Koeman plays Dest... I wouldn't be too scared to try Dembele/Konrad/Trincao there sometime.
    Yeah, we know you'd do anything to get your boy in the lineup.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Yeah, we know you'd do anything to get your boy in the lineup.
    And I know I get these small hearted petty responses from users like you even though I wrote as I did...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kinda depressing how lacking our XI's are in real quality these past few years.

But let's gooooo!! We need this win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedri in Griezmann's position would be a total failure. He can't score to save his life.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wtf is on Villarreald jerseys? That inscription?
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardyboy View Post
    Pedri in Griezmann's position would be a total failure. He can't score to save his life.
    Griezmann isn't exactly Bobo#32 either...
    Pedri can combine and find space better than Griezmann from there, I'd be interested to see it. Maybe he would even be forced to finish some, he needs to develop that part of his game. I don't think he's terrible at it, just doesn't look for it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont have a clue.

Griezmann is at CF.