La Liga | Round 32: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 1-2

Bobo32

Expected lineup
It is a true 5-3-2 now, three pure central defenders, and the wing backs not at all more offensive than the usual wide defenders.
Messi has a free role and Griezmann is jogging around being most concerned about trying to keep possesion with a back pass and showing a willingness to do the defensive work.

4 purely defensive focused players, 1 purely offensive focused, and 5 mixed... This is pretty rare, especially for a top team. I don't think Barcelona ever was weighed this defensively since I started following them.

Vilarrubi

Ez0ivWSXoAY4RwV

Bobo32

I'd play Frenkie in Lenglets position and try Ilaix in Frenkies position. Then I'd have Puig in Pedris position (and move Pedri up to Griezmanns if he didn't need the rest), but let's not bang on about that...

Cruyff played Stoichkov in the winger position in his 3-4-3, Koeman plays Dest... I wouldn't be too scared to try Dembele/Konrad/Trincao there sometime.

Messi983

Alberto Moreno starting his first game this season after recovering from torn ACL. Messi and Dest should be targetting him. Otherwise probably the best Villarreal lineup at the moment, I've expected them to rest some players for EL semi-finals.

I'd play Frenkie in Lenglets position and try Ilaix in Frenkies position. Then I'd have Puig in Pedris position (and move Pedri up to Griezmanns if he didn't need the rest), but let's not bang on about that...

Cruyff played Stoichkov in the winger position in his 3-4-3, Koeman plays Dest... I wouldn't be too scared to try Dembele/Konrad/Trincao there sometime.

Yeah, we know you'd do anything to get your boy in the lineup. :lol:

jamrock

It's kinda depressing how lacking our XI's are in real quality these past few years.

But let's gooooo!! We need this win.

hardyboy

Pedri in Griezmann's position would be a total failure. He can't score to save his life.

Bobo32

Pedri in Griezmann's position would be a total failure. He can't score to save his life.

Griezmann isn't exactly Bobo#32 either...
Pedri can combine and find space better than Griezmann from there, I'd be interested to see it. Maybe he would even be forced to finish some, he needs to develop that part of his game. I don't think he's terrible at it, just doesn't look for it.

JamDav1982

You dont have a clue.

Griezmann is at CF.

Home of Barca Fans